what i got today

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
i got 2 black lace tail mollys i think... 2 juli coris.. 1 otto guy said corrys dont clean.... 3 sunrise gupys... they all looked so pretty... my mom ended up takin me there and she was tryn to get me to buy a bala or a puffer or a chichlid... how about fresh water crabs? they looked so cool.. some of the fish i wanted to get were in quarinitine im guessing they got a few bad batches..

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
okie there not prego just fat lol.. but my gupy looks so different they dont have a big tail but they are so fat.. should i not feed them for a day see if i can get rid of some of the belly...

i think there 2 female 1 male guppy and uhh the mollys i think there both males maybe... the finage on the mollys is so big i just think hey he is a handsome devil... so male id think..

Last edited:

FreshwaterJeff

Superstar Fish
Mar 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
7.0-7.2 isn't too high...that's pretty much right on neutral...

Don't get a yoyo loach unless you have room for at least three - they're very social. Your cory may just be adjusting to his new environment - and moving him to a bucket isn't going to help with that. I don't think he'd foul your tank too badly overnight if he were to die - just keep an eye on him.

Good job not letting your mom talk you into cichlids, balas, or puffers :D

And here's your best friend when looking for pictures...

Google Image Search

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
uhh are sunset platy bad? as thats what i have not guppys even though it said guppys..

and there lyretail molly and im gonna get a few plants it looks like >.> and i swear it said 2" not 5"

Last edited:

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
and one more question whats the best flake for platy and molly and cory and otto lol or do u use sumtin else... i bought brine shrimp, kikari algae wafers, and tetra color tropical flakes

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
bah that cory is dead the other one is going crazy swimming everywhere and so is the otto... is somtin else wrong?
im gonna return it tommorrow and bring a water sample anyone know how much water i need for petco?

Brine shrimp - You should feed as a treat.
Hikari Algae Wafers - You can put in half in at morning and the other half a night
Flakes - Feed the fish around 2 times per day.

About plants, can you tell us about your lighting?

P.S. If anyone finds something wrong in my post, please tell me, I am really tired right now, but I don't feel like sleeping.

EDIT: I recently got two corys too, and if your other one is swimming really quickly up and down the glass, I think its okay.

Last edited: