cleaner wrasse
4 stripe damsel
yellow tail damses x 2

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
thank you.

It is housed in my classroom. I work with special needs children in my own private classroom.

It is the basis for chemistry, physics, ecology, social dynamics, geiography, language arts and of course mathematics.

It did not cost that much and does not require as much maintenance as most people think.

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
This is a classroom for learning disabled, autistic, and behaviourally challenged children ranging in age from 5 to 16 - all together in one classroom.

Most of my children fall into all three categories and can explain the physics of the sump, the biological characteristics of the creatures on the tank, why iodine is critical and so on.

That is why we have the range of livestock. Besides the obsessive nature of the instructor that is.

Right now we have noticed that the big blue mushroom is developing another mouth in preparation for splitting.

Great lesson in asexual reproduction.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
generally, teachers still have access to the building over summer, though it sounds like this is not what we would consider a "traditional" classroom...i think it is most likely at his house or some other learning resource center not necessarily a part of the public school system

let me say, i commend you for your dedication...its clear you really care a lot about your students and their learning environment, need more teachers like you

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
Thank you again.

Due to the nature of my students I never take more than 2 weeks off at a time. At this time I have some one house sit. I also have a red oscar (rescue), rough skinned newts, a rabbit, and a doberman (named Kitten) that all are part of the classroom, and several lovely hens. Having someone housesit is the easiest way of getting everyone looked after at once.

My classroom is indeed different. My students are indeed different, and as they remind me frequently I am different. (although I am not always sure that is a good thing as it is sometimes together with the words weird or crazy or evil)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
that, to me, is a great...its wonderful that your students are at a comfort level with you where it is ok to give you a bit of a hard time now and again...after all, we are all different, thats what makes the world go round (to use a cliche)

25gal - let me see - currently, 3 peppered corys, 1 amano shrimp, 3 black kuhli loaches, 3 female guppies(2 presumably rare ones), 4 golden zebra danios, 6 regular zebra's, 2 ottos, 3 black neon tetras. plants include green hygro, wisteria, moneywort and compact swords; sand/peat substrate and 5 pieces of driftwood.

15gal - currently hospital tank(was quarantine tank, but as you can tell, I can't fit anyone else in the 25); may use for malawi's in the spring(when I transfer to another college)