What's with all these BUBBLES & Stocking Options

Aug 13, 2010
Sicklerville, NJ
And I know it's expensive :/ however said:
Well the test actually do expire, so if are in it for the long haul, you may have to buy them again. If you buy the API kit, you can call them with the code and they will tell how old they are. I believe the ammonia is test is good for 3 years.

Oct 29, 2010
Well the test actually do expire, so if are in it for the long haul, you may have to buy them again. If you buy the API kit, you can call them with the code and they will tell how old they are. I believe the ammonia is test is good for 3 years.
Good point! Comes out to about 55 cents a month though. Cheaper than most things in the hobby, and saves more money than most of them too!

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
Petco and petsmart will both test for free just don't buy whatever they try to sell you, unless it is an API kit.

You don't need the PH kit btw, really once you know your PH and such you should be fine, it's amonia and nitrites/nitrates you need.

You just need to know the ph/hardness of the tap water so you have an idea of how to stock, most people with city water are pretty neutral for both, that being said if you don't mess with PH and hardness you don't need to regularly test them.