Where Can I Find RO/DI Water?

Jun 24, 2007
The only thing is that with 30lbs from the second place, to 2-day-air it, it will cost ~$90.

The first place, if I 2-day-air it, it will only be ~$50. Or, if I just use UPS ground (since they are in Ohio and I'm in Michigan, it costs even half that).

I just wish I could find a website or some information about the actual store though, or a way to contact them via phone.

Jun 24, 2007
Also, btw, I picked up 25 Gal of RO Culligan water from Meijer. When you bring your own container, it's only $0.29 per gallon.

Now rock is my only concern.

I have a question about cycling - when I cycle with my live rock, should I put my live sand in at the same time?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I would wait until your live rock is almost cured or fully cured. If you get high ammonia spikes you might kill your 'live sand'. In my opinion live sand is a waste of money. Get regular aragonite sand and the live rock will seed your sand in time. Or you can just add a little live sand on top of aragonite sand.

Jun 24, 2007
I just bought a 40lb bag of Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand that I got for a real good price - only $25. So it was actually cheaper per lb than the plain aragonite sand so I thought, why not?

But if I wait for the cycle to complete, won't I have to go through another mini-cycle? If I lay the substrate at the exact time, wouldn't it all just cycle together?

Jun 24, 2007
Yeah, I've been browsing there the last couple weeks, even posting requests for LR in their wanted forum, but I haven't gotten any replies of people willing to ship any or any that are nearly close enough to meet up. I think eBay will prolly be the route I go - but I'll be on vacation this week, so I have time to mull it over.

Jun 24, 2007
Well all my stuff came in today so it is all setup. Looks very nice :)

I thought, though, that instead of making new threads for all my questions, I might as well do them here. Anyway, my first one is about filtration. The AP comes with two large sponges, ceramic rings, and plastic bio-balls for filtration. I hear that I should get rid of rings/balls and use only one sponge, but also people talk about several other forms of filtration - chemipure, floss, purigen, etc. How should I set those up?