zoanthids, (button ployps dying) NEED HELP!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
actualy they make a dip from RO water, alkalinity buffer to bring the PH up to reef level, and a capful of ReefDip iodine solution .... they do this to ensure no unwanted critters get introduced by mistake ;) definitly something to consider

Apr 11, 2006
Yea, I should have do more research before I put all those zoas in my tank. I myself is still a newbie, and I am learning. Anyways, Lugol's idoine, where can I get some. Oh, Tre I decided to go with a 24" outer orbit lighting fixture, it cost me half the price of a new one that's why I decided to go with that. I figure that maybe 1 150watts metal halide will be enough. I guess now I have to dip all my zoas colony in that idoine solution (of course mix with water).

I found these two threads if anybody is interesting in performing an idoine dip.

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I looked in my coral book (Aquarium Corals, Borneman), but as I don't even have a coral in my tank yet, take my advice with a grain of salt :)

The book says you can either do a dip in Lougol's, or target drip some near the problem on the coral in the tank. It says some corals don't react well to the Lougol's, though.

From the pics in the book, it could be white plague, or possibly some other kind of necrosis. The other option it mentions is to do surgery on the coral, outside of the tank.

Maybe Google for white plague, and see if pictures match what you're seeing.