90 Gallon (Good deal or not) Urgent

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
I would think about drilling a bulkhead and running the skimmer externally outside of the sump, that way the pump for the skimmer isn't adding heat and it would give you more room and volume in your sump. Easier to work on also.......give it a thought....

Thanks, You have a very good point there, But the problem is drilling. I don't know anybody who can drill glass. I don't want to do it my self. I'm not good with glass works. I can actually put the skimmer out of the sump but the pump will still be in the sump. The pump that came with the skimmer is a rio 1700 i think and it can only be used fully submerged.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Update.

Stained the stand and canopy. I am not very happy with it but has to do. I have almost everything ready and will be posting a new thread soon. Just waiting for 2 last shipments and will post pics off all the equipment.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
You could always sand down and refinish...better to make it right now rather than be dissatisfied for a long time.

I already spent 2 days on it. Had to stain it 3 times and put 2 layers of protective something on it. I really don't want to do anything with the stand and canopy. You tell me, pic below, Pic is not that good but still can tell how it is.

Before

After

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Yea i am inclined to also say that it looks good. what about it don't you like?
Thanks for the compliments. I am not happy with the color that I chose. If only I would have listened to you and gone with a dark brown or maybe even a reddish color. Well I am still satisfied with the black. In the second pic on the canopy you can see a brown tint to it, instead of black. Well anyways I am sure it will look much better once everything is setup and running. Can't wait for the last shipments. Tomorrow I will receive the last shipment and hopefully will start putting everything together by Saturday.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Any ideas on Live rock? Has anyone purchased live rock from EBAY? My LFS is selling live rock for $6.99 per LBS which will cost me an arm and a leg. I already got 90 Lbs of sand. Only need help with live rock.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
ask any store u go to if they have a bulk price...the store i got mine from sold rock for 9.99/lb but if it u bought more than 50 lbs then the price was 4.99/lb. i know many stores around here do that. ask around.

I just called my LFS and this is how they sell their rock.
The LFS sells $6.99 lbs if you Hand pick every piece. but if you have someone do it for you its $4.99 LBS. Well I will have to see what I can do.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
I just did some research and I think I will get my live rock from ebay. There is this guy selling $2.21 LBS which is a very good deal and for 2 day shipping the cost is about $150 for 80 LBS. which is still much cheaper then my LFS. What do you guys think?