90 Gallon (Good deal or not) Urgent

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
2 day shipping? Hmm I bet when you get it, it will be very dry and lots of die off, but then again, I'm no pro

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
2 day shipping? Hmm I bet when you get it, it will be very dry and lots of die off, but then again, I'm no pro
They keep moist news papers with the rock and is kept air tight. There will be die off for sure but not that much. The live rock in my 20 gallon was also shipped by 2 days shipping. I don't know! I am not sure myself but It will save me at least $150 like this. Anyways let me setup everything and I will think about it then..

Any ideas????

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
I think it sounds like a decent idea. Keep in mind you will have no control over the sizes and shapes of the rock that you will receive but if you are handy with a hammer, you will be able to break down bigger and chunkier pieces. The two day shipping is not horrible plus you will have an empty new tank to cycle the rock. BTW, is the rock cured or not cured? Judging by the price I would guess not cured so that pretty much solves your problem right there! The two day shipping is neligible when the rock isn't cured in the first place. You will have time and opportunity to let it cycle through on its own.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
I think it sounds like a decent idea. Keep in mind you will have no control over the sizes and shapes of the rock that you will receive but if you are handy with a hammer, you will be able to break down bigger and chunkier pieces. The two day shipping is not horrible plus you will have an empty new tank to cycle the rock. BTW, is the rock cured or not cured? Judging by the price I would guess not cured so that pretty much solves your problem right there! The two day shipping is neligible when the rock isn't cured in the first place. You will have time and opportunity to let it cycle through on its own.
Exactly what I was thinking. You simply read my mind. Although at present I am short like $50 to order live rock. I think the live rock was pre- cured. I will still do some research and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply, it has help me make a decision.