Finally 90 Gallon setup!! (Pics)

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
u got a really nice piece there and i love those blood shrimp!! i can never get myself to pay $25-30 each lol
Thanks everybody for the comments. At present I am fighting a small ICK issue with my hippo tang.

TRe: I got the blood shrimp for $15 each. The guy at the LFS wanted $16 for each but I talked him down to $15 pretty good deal. As for the sun coral I got it for $30, I'm pretty happy with that too.

Guys My Aqua c EV-90 skimmer was not doing its job. I was getting a lot of wet skimate (Light brown). So I purchased a new skimmer. I would like to get some reviews on AQUA MEDIC SKIMMER

Thanks

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
At present I am fighting a small ICK issue with my hippo tang.
similar problems over here only now im not so sure its ick now after 2 months have gone by and the hippo seems to be the only one affected ... btw like an idiot i didnt quarentine and now i cant get him out :eek: either way ill never buy another hippo

btw great deal on those blood shrimp

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
similar problems over here only now im not so sure its ick now after 2 months have gone by and the hippo seems to be the only one affected ... btw like an idiot i didnt quarentine and now i cant get him out :eek: either way ill never buy another hippo

btw great deal on those blood shrimp

TRe: Hippos get ich very fast. I also did not quarantine the hippo. Everything was ok for 1 month or so. I don't know Where it got ich from. I also can not get it out of the tank. So I am treating the main tank with herbal medication and have not seen any ill effects from the medication. All corals and invertebrates are doing fine.. I am using ICH ATTACK Maybe you can also give it a try. Check the link for a more detailed description of the medication.. It is also a preventive treatment for all new additions.

Last edited:

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Update.

Just had a simple question about the sun coral.. Yesterday I notice that a few of the polyps on the sun coral were releasing some yellow stringy stuff any ideas on what it is. Pic Below. I finally got the skimmer.. Pic also below

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
A little update.. Got a new fish.. I think it is a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. Any Ideas.

Pics below...Sorry the pics are not that good. This guy is very fast.... Does not like to pose...

Let me know what you guys think...

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Nice fish! It's a McCosker's flasher wrasse (those with only on filament on the dorsal fin are McCosker's).

We had two of them -- beautiful fish :D We lost one to jumping out and one to a power failure :( We're looking for more, as they're so pretty.
Thanks, You are right! I have the tank covered so I don't think it will jump out. Anyways Got a new New fish pics below... Its a squarback anthias.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
photos on top are one week old.. Here are a few fresh ones.. Notice the difference in Caroline algae ..... Lots of things have changed.. Changed the pumps from seios to Vortech pumps because of heat issues and drilled my sump by empting the sump half way, worked like a charm. Will post pics of that a little later.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
No did not get the backup battery didn't think i needed them. I got 2 with the new wireless drivers and I would like to say the best thing I ever did for the tank other then drilling the sump by myself.

Charls - I lost the McCosker's flasher wrasse. found him on the carpet all dried up.