Shipped fish?

jen0910

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Savoy, MA/Western PA
I really think that your bank should be able to help you out with this. I have had to dispute charges on my debit account and they seemed very willing to help. I would try going to my bank again if I were you.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have talked to the bank and since I paid about a month ago and the payments have all cleared I'm pretty much SOL.

pmcsomething thanks for the info. No matter what Dave's reasons are for not getting the fish to me, a simple explanation from him would have been nice. It all comes down to the fact that he is treating me, a paying customer, horribly. From Dave's own website (apistogramma idiots) he says he has a 900 sq ft apistogramma fish hatchery. If this is the case he should have some fish or at least be able to offer me another strain of them. I wouldn't be so upset about the situation if I was treated like a customer by him, but I have not been. There is no reason for him to EVER tell a paying customer to "Go away" like he did with me, and especially after 3 weeks of trying to be patient with him and wait for my replacement fish. I will be very surprised if he is man enough to reply back to my email with an educated response but time will tell.

jen0910

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2007
Savoy, MA/Western PA
I have talked to the bank and since I paid about a month ago and the payments have all cleared I'm pretty much SOL.
Yeah, you paid for a product that you never recieved (You paid for LIVE fish and you got DEAD fish, you paid for shipping a second time and that was completely not done). This is fraud and you should present it to your bank that way if you haven't already. Maybe don't start out telling the bank that it was fish that you ordered. I know with my debit card there is a program where it is verified with VISA and I think that VISA handled part of it when I disputed charges. Maybe it helped that I have my debit card from a larger bank, I don't know what bank yours is from but I really think that they should be able to help you.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
This is what I get for always thinking that people are 'good' :rolleyes:

Have you tried contacting Aquabid? If not, I would definitely contact them and explain the situation to them. Even though you didn't purchase the fish through them, you did find the seller through them so maybe there is something they can do. If nothing else, maybe they could suspend his account so that he isn't able to do this to anyone else until you get your fish.

I wonder if the reason that he is doing this to you is because you emailed him privately and didn't order through Aquabid. He is able to screw you out of the fish, and you aren't able to leave any feedback about it :eek:

I don't know which bank you use, but I use Fifth Third and about 6 months ago I ordered a monthly planner from a company, and they took $26 out of my checking that day. The next day I got an email from the company saying that they didn't have any in stock, and asking what I wanted to do. I emailed them repeatedly and called them for a few weeks, telling them that I just wanted my money back and they never replied. I took my statement to the bank roughly 2 months later, and the bank didn't even ask questions. I told them that I paid for goods and I never received them, and that the seller wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls. The $26 was back in my account the next day. You should be able to dispute the payment because you did not receive the goods that you paid for, and if you can't, then I would switch to a different bank because that is bull****.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well I will try to figure out a way to do something on aquabid. I looked last night and the only thing that I saw on there was to report a seller, but it just sends a copy of the report to the seller and your supposed to wait for a reply back from the seller and if you don't get a reply then your supposed to just do it again. I might try to do that or see if I can find somewhere else to contact aquabid.

I have a small town bank but I will make an attempt to talk to them again and if that doesn't work I will go to another branch and talk to them.

If aquabid won't do anything about it for me then I will do my best to get the word out on as many forums and websites as I can to let others know what has happened to me so maybe that will help.

I'm still waiting on the reply from Dave to my email last night but still haven't gotten anything yet.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Do what you feel right, but consider that this is a public forum, and even unregistered people can read posts. Sometimes it's not good to air dirty laundry till laundry day.

Best of luck Alter. I've been real lucky, and only one time I had a partially dead shipment, and the seller was super nice and she quickly refunded my money (even though it was FedEx's fault) on the dead ones, and filed a claim with FedEx to get my shipping money back.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for the info Orion. I have considered it laundry day now though since he has decided to no longer reply to my email or treat me fairly. I'm going to try to go to the bank again and talk to them about the issue once more to attempt to get my money back and if that doesn't work I will go to another branch and try.

Sorry if it seems like I'm using the forum to vent but I hope others also see this and decide that this isn't the kind of person that they want to deal with in the future.

Thank you everybody for your support and for listening to my ramblings.

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
Eric.. did you pay with paypal? if you did you can file a dispute with them and try to get you money back that way.

I always pay with paypal if possible.. they will fight just like the CC company would..

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
No this guy preferred another auction payment site because the paypal fees are too high for him. I went to my bank after class but they close the lobby at 4 so I will have to stop in again tomorrow instead and try to talk to them.

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
Let's say that Dave just shipped all those fish. What stopped him from telling Alter40 that's why the shipping has been delayed? Nothing. So I don't buy that as an excuse.

This whole thing has ruined any thoughts I've had about ordering fish online, from anyone. Oh well. Sorry it had to happen to you Alter.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well I have taken your advice and filed a complaint with aquabid. I still haven't received an reply from Dave and I guess that I probably shouldn't expect much else from him. So I guess I will see what aquabid decides to do for me but I doubt they will do much for me either.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Alter as much as i hate to say it this thread is probably not helping your cause, I know I said I wouldnt post until I read a post saying your fish were coming, but after thinking about what Orion said it is your choice and your money but I personally would ask the mods to remove this thread because if he is reading it he knows he has you by the balls and in the end this probably wont hurt his business. It took me 8 months to stumble onto this forum so I think that in reality you are probably hurting yourself more than your hurting him. I know this is frustrating but I have to agree with Orion on the dirty laundry thing, I am not saying hide under a rock I am just saying maybe you should keep it a more private forum until you work this out.

Dont beat me up DG..lol..I too want Alter to get a fair deal as you know I have been outspoken on my opinion but in hindsight is this thread the best course of action to take at this point?

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
Alter as much as i hate to say it this thread is probably not helping your cause, I know I said I wouldnt post until I read a post saying your fish were coming, but after thinking about what Orion said it is your choice and your money but I personally would ask the mods to remove this thread because if he is reading it he knows he has you by the balls and in the end this probably wont hurt his business. It took me 8 months to stumble onto this forum so I think that in reality you are probably hurting yourself more than your hurting him. I know this is frustrating but I have to agree with Orion on the dirty laundry thing, I am not saying hide under a rock I am just saying maybe you should keep it a more private forum until you work this out.

Dont beat me up DG..lol..I too want Alter to get a fair deal as you know I have been outspoken on my opinion but in hindsight is this thread the best course of action to take at this point?
I said before that he is probably reading this thread.. that is why he responded to alter saying "its personal". I want Eric to just get what is coming to him. I think that the damage is already done if he is reading it. I think that if it is taken down it isn't going to do Eric any more good than it is now. If anything... it would only benefit dave. he was screwing him over back when Eric was being patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt. So reading this isn't going to cause more delay.. is there such a thing!