Shipped fish?

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Brian, I see your point very well...but the damage is already done with Alter. It cant get much worse. However, for all the people that are reading this, and were thinking of ordering fish online. I think this will be more usefull than harmfull. On the off chance that Dave is reading this, damage is done, he cant unread it. So, I personally would rather have others read this post and learn not to order from Dave...than take it down and "hope" that he hasnt found the thread yet.

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
the point is this could get very nasty and a public thread bashing this guy could be a bad thing even if it is true

well... I see your point.. I just don't see how it could get any uglier than it already is. alter has no fish, no refund, no communication, no bank cooperation, no customer service.. ect. ect. ect.

Eric I am sorry if I help make things worse for you.

Do you like bolivian rams?

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well he hasn't been replying to the emails, he obviously doesn't want to ship me the fish, and he won't give me a refund. As far as I'm concerned I don't care if he is reading this or not. He is a 56 year old man acting in a childish way. I have posted a warning about him already on another forum and plan to continue to warn people about the way that he has treated me.

I'm going to the bank tomorrow to try and get my money back by disputing the charges on my account. I know that some may think that I should shut up and keep this private but to tell me to "go away" to me sound like a big F you. He figures he has my money and there is nothing that I can do about it. I do know that many people that use aquabid.com to purchase their fish also are on forums or at least search google for more info on their fish and the seller. If I can get the information out there about how I was treated maybe I can stop others from doing the same thing as well.

Its my opinion that I have kept my cool for the most part, but after last night and the fact that he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to reply to my email I had enough. I'm not going to sit back and keep dealing with a person who doesn't feel like treating me horribly. So if he is reading the thread then I want him to know that yes he was correct in saying that this is personal, but trust me I won't go away.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I agree with you completely but rather right or wrong this has become a very personal matter to you, before it was us arguing the points we were trying to make, now it is you putting it out there in a personal and aggrevated manner. This is your choice, it is your money. My point is are you losing your cool and possibly blowing your chances at #1 recovering your money #2 getting your fish. As we discussed at this point you dont care but will you still not car in a week.

This has nothing to do with Dave reading this or anyone else for that matter, it is the fact that while we are screaming fraud on your end, .................................................................I am not a barracks lawyer I am just saying watch your back, keep your cool and post facts just as you have. This is the only reason I even suggested taking it down before it goes further down the road. my opinion is this is hurting you and your chances at recouping anything rather than it is his selling, the fact is I doubt he knows it is out there but the choice is yours.
DG and D3 this seller does as MO stated have almost 800 positive comments, compared to a total of i believe 4 negatives, when someone reads this it would be very easy for them to belive we are bashing Dave so he isnt providing service because of our actions.

Last edited:

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Brian, I asked for a refund before and was told that I could get my $10 back that I paid for the 2nd shipment but not get my original $59 back from the first time he sent the fish. I again last night asked for a refund again and he will not reply to me now. When he told me it was personal and to leave him alone made it sound to me that I will not be getting fish from him nor getting my money back from him. I think I have been fair up until he sent me the blunt email last night. After that I am done dealing with this guy until he has the guts to talk to me about it. I will let you know what happens with the bank tomorrow, but as for this issue I'm done talking about it.

DG thanks for your generous offer but you don't need to do that for me. Save your money and put it towards your 75g tank. I will get my some german blue rams later this week or maybe the next if the weather is poor.

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I was planning on pm'ing alter when I got home, but since you guys have brought it up I will post it here.

I agree with Orion about the dirty laundry thing. I understand that you were frustrated but you have to remember that this IS a public forum. This thread may very well be the reason that dave is ticked off and not shipping your fish. The bashing of apistodave started shortly after your fish arrived DOA, and before he ignored your emails so this could very well be the reason. I'm not saying that your anger isn't justified, but for future reference, you should keep the bitching to pm's, at least until the matter is resolved.

I completely understand your frustration though, and I hope that you & dave can work something out to where you are both content with the outcome.

Edited to add: If I had a dollar for every time someone said they were done talking about it I would be one rich woman!!!!

Last edited: