Shipped fish?

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well the new fish came today and all with the same results as last time it appears. He actually sent me 3 triple reds with what looks like one very small baby one, and he also sent me a male and female orange flash. All appear to be dead and floating around with the milky clouded over eyes that dead fish seem to get. I have them in a bucket trying to drip acclimate them to see if there is any hope for even one of them but it really isn't looking good at the moment for these either. Here are a couple pics, what is your conclusion?

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
No I have not emailed the picture to him and probably won't. I'm done dealing with this guy because of the way he has treated me. The fish again were not sent overnight but were sent priority and it took 2 days.

If d3sc3n7 wants 5 dead fish I can send them down to him.

(I'm a super fish now :p)

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
No I have not emailed the picture to him and probably won't. I'm done dealing with this guy because of the way he has treated me. The fish again were not sent overnight but were sent priority and it took 2 days.
I dunno. I might send him a curt note (much like the ones he's been sending you) to tell him the fish were dead. In theory, he'd want to know that.

I don't know if I'd ask for replacements if I were you. I doubt I would.

(I'm a super fish now :p)
I noticed. Congrats! *thumbsups

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Wow, that sucks :(

I'd let him know too, just send him an email saying 'hey, I don't know what your doing wrong, but my fish were DOA again", along with a picture to prove it. That way you can 'pretend' like you were telling him so that he wouldn't have any more problems, and he may decide to send you some more fish.

BTW, next time, don't even bother trying to drip acclimate them. Its probably something in the water that is killing them, so you want to get them into fresh water asap.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
that sucks man...out of curiousity when where these fish shipped out compared to when u recieved them. 3.5 days may be a bit to much for them to handle in a baggie.

well going to rearrange your tank back or wait to see where this gets you?

Wholly cow I agree with you MO...lmao...well i am sick today so that could be why..lol...j/k

ok no more posting in this thread for me..well we all know how that goes..lol

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It looks like they were sent out Monday I think. The label was printed on Monday but the sticker from the flight looks like it was on Tuesday.

I will rearrange my tank and take the cave back out again. I will probably put another flat rock in there to replace the cave so the GBRs have a couple to choose from.

I'm not even going to try communicating with him anymore. I have my GBRs and other things are being taken care of so I will just move on now.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
I'm not even going to try communicating with him anymore. I have my GBRs and other things are being taken care of so I will just move on now.
I think we all feel pretty bad about what you've been through. But, I think that this is probably the best attitude you can take. Move on. *thumbsup2 You've got a great tank now with some beautiful fish. A lot of us are jealous! ;)

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
well crap...I don't blame you for not wanting to talk to him,but (yes theres always a but) with him shipping that many fish to you was he trying to say he screwed up and wanted to make it up to you. I would atleast let him know, but tell him that the fish took 4 days to get there, sounds like a shipping issue. But anyway good luck and I think your "ugly" GBR's are awesome.
P.S. I had to respond, i needed the post...darn still medium fish..lol

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Brian I might email him but I'm not sure if I will or not yet. After the last email he sent to me I'm not sure if I even want to but I might feel differently later on tonight.

Yeah I don't get the whole "ugly" GBR deal, but I think its a jealousy issue.

P.S. Look who is super fish now :D