You ask. Fish pose. I deliver.

This is George in his cave:

Rana the most awesome-ist Betta ever!

The tank:

Tank side view

Tank top view and the mighty BIO-WHEEL

Me petting Rana

Jun 21, 2008
Well, if you were hoping someone was going to say, "oh, you actually do have plenty of space", it's not going to happen. And you've actually managed to make your 3 gallon tank smaller by having a giant rock in the middle of it taking up space. Yup, you need to get a bigger tank. And/or get rid of some fish.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
More you say?

Very well then.

Pleco at work:

The Wishies schooling

The pleco in his resting spot...Wishies passing by

Can you identify this fish???

George sneaking back into his cave (camera shy)

Tank shot:

The Corys kep running away from the camera:

So the fourth picture in your second post is supposedly the "goldfish?"
Well then, that is either a molly or swordtail. So it's not as bad as I thought. But you are no where near the safe limit of fish.
You never gave an answer to my question, can you give some back to the store or not?

Since you don't have your larger tank yet, I suggest getting rid of the pleco and rainbow NOW and taking out that huge rock thing. You probably only have 2g of water in there because of it.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah, it looks like a molly. You mentioned in one of your other threads that the LFS said you have a goldfish colored molly or something? Is this the "goldfish"? If it is, it's not actually a goldfish and you can remove the coldwater/tropical conflict from your list. Not that you seem overly concerned by any of these problems anyway. *twirlysmi But yes, you're wayyyy overcrowded.

Jun 21, 2008
Haha Kissy, you posted as I was typing. I would like him to answer some of our questions too. That would be a good one to start with, but there doesn't seem to be any intention of actually doing what needs to be done, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But yeah, it's good that it's at least not an actual goldfish. On another thread his response to your suggestion of getting rid of the pleco and shark was, "why would I"? Apparently the fact that they will get giant is not a concern. The pleco is already pretty big.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Ok..so it isnt a goldfish but a Molly.... ok...

the pleco is a red tiger one....its not suposed to get huge.

The rainbow shark is suppose to reach 6 inches.

My plans should mean they can all stay without issue.

My LFS does not take returns after 10 days and that is only for defects.

My LFS does not take returns after 10 days and that is only for defects.
Yeah, for a money return. But do they take them for free? My Petco here does. I gave them some of my cory fry, my swordtail fry, and my adult swordtails.

The thing is, it's gonna take you a while to set up the appropriate size tank so you can keep the pleco and the shark. By then, they'll already have problems growing or be dead because of the lack of space.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Haha Kissy, you posted as I was typing. I would like him to answer some of our questions too. That would be a good one to start with, but there doesn't seem to be any intention of actually doing what needs to be done, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But yeah, it's good that it's at least not an actual goldfish. On another thread his response to your suggestion of getting rid of the pleco and shark was, "why would I"? Apparently the fact that they will get giant is not a concern. The pleco is already pretty big.

I can hear you.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I have been able to find most of my fish over at liveaquaria dot com and read about them.

They say the Molly should be in at least a 30g tank.... its only gonna be 4inches! but it is a bio-load....even if it isnt a goldfish.

They recommend a 50g for the rainbow shark I have.

What kind of pleco do I have.... I thnk the LFS was wrong. It doesn;t match the red tiger photo I found.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Looks like a common pleco to me from here, but I'm no pleco expert. I have a common pleco that is 12 inches long and a HUGE waste producer.

That fish actually looks like a platy, not a molly.

Jun 21, 2008
I can hear you.
I know you can hear me. I was simply commenting on the fact that you seem to have been ignoring/disregarding a lot of advice, and not answering questions. Not intending to be hostile, just agreeing with Kissy that we've all been answering a lot of questions and been asking a lot back and not getting much response from you. Sorry if I upset you, I truly didn't mean to. You seem good natured, and I suppose I was poking some fun back in your direction. Sorry if I offended. You had also at one point listed your pleco as being a common, I believe, which means it will get too big for your tank if that's what it is. Also, the rainbow shark will get 6", you're right. But as far as him staying, what size tank is that in reference to? He can't stay in the 3 gallon. Just because he will physically fit in the tank doesn't mean it's good for him.

Mercury

Large Fish
Jun 11, 2008
Illinois
I think once you get a larger tank you will appreciate the amount of space one fish takes. In that small tank, the rock obstructs your view, and fish hide in it, so you can't see all the fish at once.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
The fish look nice, although they'd still appreciate / need the bigger space.

That pleco is huge for being in a 3 gallon!

If you're still willing to spend $1000 on a tank... you can buy the equipment and stuff for it cheap... and then hire me to set it up for you for a few $hundred :D

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I am gonna try to get to petco to get a larger (short term tank)

I have to paint and finsih the dining room before I am allowed to put a nice 40-50 gallon corner unit in... wives...

I gotta see if that orange is a platy or molly but seeing some pics quickly it is certainly one of those