210G Build-Up Thread

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I think Kevin's parents just spent their son's college education fund on that tank.....hahaha....that tank cost the gross domestic product of a small third world country......

It is wonderful looking and something that we can only aspire to have......knowledge and an unlimited budget..........

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Lorna said:
I think Kevin's parents just spent their son's college education fund on that tank
:runs to ask parents about the accuracy of this statement: :(

TRe,
There are 11 chromis, and they are much nicer of a fish than they may seem. Even though they can be considered the poor man's anthias, they are decent fish if you want a school, are reasonably priced, and easy to feed. They can become a little too aggressive though, so throw in fish that will keep them in check, our foxface does this.

The blue throat, black hawaiian, crosshatch, and pink-tail triggers are all said to be reefsafe. The main one I would go after is the female blue throat, they are much less aggressive than the males, and only reach about 7". The other three listed will all need atleast a 180 for decent turn-around room.

burtoncb47

Large Fish
Nov 12, 2006
Southern CA
im speechless this is the coolest tank i have EVER seen!!! i wish one day that i could have a tank that looked half as good!!! good job kevin!!!
just a quick question i think i heard that the foxface was poisonous might have a mix up but if u could clear that up for me id appreciate it!! thanks!
keep up the good work! and what kinda camera do u have it takes awesome pictures! keep em coming, ur tank makes me wanna make sure my 30g is perfect lol!

Burton

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Burtoncb47 the foxface doesn't have a poisonous bite but rather has venomous barbs or spines...a person needs to exercise caution and care when doing work in their tank and give them plenty of room.....as do some wrasses, blennies and lionfish.....give them the respect they deserve and you should be fine

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I don't even see any LR in the second one... looks like just a bunch of fake corals. The first one is much nicer, and I'm sure the fish appreciate the hiding areas in the rocks.