37gal Cube Thread

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I wouldn't trade my remora pro for any other skimmer save another aqua C product. I like their injection method, it produces great dark skimmate and is fool proof....no constant adjustments or fiddling with it.....I run the pro with the mag 3 pump and pre-skimmer box. On your 37 I would run the regular but do get the preskim box it is worth it.....I drilled 4 holes on the back and attach it with suction cups that way there is no fiddling with the height etc....stays put. I hide it behind the rockwork......in a perfect world I would have a sump and position it there.....in the sump by converting it to an urchin...that is still in the works.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Well so far I haven't decided between the Remora or doing a sump and getting the Urchin...so I haven't bought anything yet. Still researching. I know with a 37 I don't really need a sump, but whatever skimmer I get I want to potentially work on my 46BF in case I decide to move it all again in the future. That and I want a place to grow macroalgae.

On another note I think I am going through 'new tank syndrome' again with a diatom outbreak. Is that normal?

I have 4 hermits (all fairly small), 2 nassarius snails and I think 1 astrea and 2 margaritas. I'm going to pick up some more snails this weekend - other then that is there a gravel cleaner you could recommend? Thanks!

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
Aww....that's sad. Clownfish are like so cool...mostly because of Nemo. If I had talent. I'd get a nemo. And a dory.
Nice tank! I like the sun coral. It's so pretty.

Last edited:

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
I know the feeling of comming home to check on the tank and to your dismay you find the fish stuck in the powerhead (same thing happened to me with my Coral Beauty.) Sorry it had to happen to you and your clown.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I have a coral beauty in QT :D. But yes I would like another clown. They are my favorite :eek:
Do you think a coral beauty and 2 percs would be too much in a 37?

Oh and I did decide to go with the Remora...have had it about 3 weeks now.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
a coral beauty and 2 percs should be fine in a 37. I really like coral beautys as well, very colorfull fish with a great personality.

Good choice on the skimmer, I bet its doing an excellent job on the 37.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Mushroomman said:
Awesome. Looks alot like mine, more blue than the orangish color.
Thanks :) That pic makes him look really blue but he's more a deep purple color then the tips of his fins are like an electric blue. He's very pretty. He eats mysis and Formula 2 marine pellet which is spirulina based. He doesn't seem to like the algea sheets.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
ram man said:
nice tank limi, are those big green and brown discs the poo zoas? if so they got big!
Lol..yes those are the poo zoas :D Once my CB is in his new home, I'll post some updated tank pics. It looks a little different because since then I picked up about 11 pounds more LR.