55 Reef Chronicles

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
This will be the thread where Ill post all new pictures, updates, etc about whats happening in my reef tank, instead of posting new threads.

Heres some corals, etc I got within the past week or 2

Hammer Euphyllia

Acropora- Delicate spp? (sitting on bottom to acclimate to my lighting)

Acropora Tortuosa

Sebae Anemone

Sebae with long time resident Clarkii Clown

Breene

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2006
Ohio
Holy. Crap. Very nice photography! The corals arent bad either =P (im a saltwater noob but they look very nice.) Can you take a full tank shot?

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thanks guys

Fish outta water- yes it resembles one (used to confuse them all the time) but its a branching hammer -a pretty young one- most of the tentacles are single headed. So closely related tho.

I can take an updated one tommarow, tank lights are off for tonight

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thanks guys

Lorna- he chose the rock.... funny you mention it because I just put him in the bottom, he crawled up onto the rock, I think he moved a few inches over to the sand tho'.

Errr was too busy for a FTS and lights are off yet again... tommarow ;)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yeah well who are we to argue with our anemones and where they will reside.....I still have a bubble tip lodged into a crevice under the overhang and she's been there for 3 months or more....I feed her a silverside every 2 or 3 days and she is pure white......not sure anymore if she is bleached as she has never gotten any colour......I was sure she was a goner due to her bleached status......but she eats, and has healthy tips.....though she just doen't gain any colour......a mystery to me.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Yeah anemones are pretty weird... speaking of which he is fused into the sand now finally

Heres a brand new picture of my tank, cloudy because I just drasticly re aquascaped so I had more room for corals, and I wasnt pleased with the old setup (too archy, sides didnt match up) now it flows better from side to side.

And this is strange. Last night the A. Tortuosa was totally fine. I woke up this morning to find it completely bleached. I dont get it... usually when they would bleach it takes a litte while... any thoughts on this? I have never ever seen or heard of this happen so fast... I didnt think the xooxanthelae would go that quick?

On a good note the other acro is doing great... can see new growth on the tips, and the green polyps are out.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
man that light still freaks me out. lol. I had the same problem with one of my acro frags, I wonder if I will get the colour back? It is dark now, but not the brown that it was, it almost looks dirty. What do you plan to do with your little guy?