agelfish are aggressive?

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
yay i get the rest of the stuff i need to set up my tank on monday... ill try bio spira and grab some of the smaller fish for the tank and the ottos and see how it works out... ill post pics later 2(monday)..

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Um...if you're going through the expense of using Biospira you should fully stock the tank as the directions say! There shouldn't be any trouble getting all of the fish that you want for the tank right away.

Lorazoo

Medium Fish
Jun 18, 2006
DclownD said:
oh im not getting the angel till the end lol im not wastin 20 dollars :p my first few fish will be danios lol
Guess you didnt read my previous post or don't care. Once that Angel grows up it could eat your fish the size of the danios.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
LOL Igor the Altums would be the razor racer of the angel genus. Super Veils have a 4-7 inch tail. It tends to slow them way down. Think of how a betta would do in a race.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
GeraldTheMouse said:
I haven't taken biology yet, I'm only going into 6th grade! lol.
Well then learn some of this stuff and when you get to 10th grade or whenever they teach Bio now, you'll be ahead of the game. Bacteria does best when its warm and moist...it multiplies faster and has a faster metabolism when its warmer, but if it gets above a certain high temp it dies. Also, as it gets cooler its metabolic rate slows down (just like most living things) but if it gets below a certain point it dies. SO with Biospira...the reason it works so well is because the bacteria is kept cool so it doesn't eat itself out of food and die in the package, but if it were frozen it would die.

I'm sure what you had head before was that people need to make sure that the biospira they get has been refrigerated, kept cool...because if it hasn't then it hasn't been handled to the manufacturer's reccomendations and will probably not work in the way it was supposed to.

Lorazoo...in general angels (or most other fish) will not eat what can't fit into their mouth. So the chance of an angel actually eating a danio is pretty slim unless you have a full grown angel and add danio fry or something. If you get a particularly aggressive fish (of any type) it will go after fish...but usually a lone angel does not do this. Sounds like you had a nasty one!