another step by step account

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
they are green star polyps--for some reason i couldn't think of that
for a couple days an astrea snail has been parked directly in the middle of the coral, so all i have seen is the purple "mat"
i dropped $40 on this coral--i hope it starts growing onto other parts of the rocks really soon :)

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
i discovered a bunch of pyrams on the bottom of my turbo, thanks to kaluhazz
i removed them in a shallow cup--and as i scrubbed the algae off of Mr. Turbo's shell, i noticed a couple of tiny tiny tiny pods and maybe a worm swimming around in the cup of algae soup--i just can't get over the amazement of these microscopic creatures living in my tank
to be honest, i find more joy in the things that come out at night and lead secretive lives than the ones that i pay high dollar for because of their beauty...i know i'm sick :)

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
i've figured out that my biowheel might be contributing to my wonderful algae problem--so i removed it, scrubbed the heck outta my tank walls and equipment, and things are looking better so far
next step: replacing the crushed coral substrate with fine sand

on a good note: my GSP finally opened up today (thought it wasn't going to pull through)--i hope to have pics up this month (it all depends on how much school work i have)