Beginning fish stocking

Feb 27, 2009
According to the link:

Black phantom tetra

"The male and female Black phantom tetras are very easy to distinguish from each other. The female Black phantom tetra has red adipose, pectoral, and anal fins. The male has a silvery or smoky gray colouration. The male is also equipped with a bigger dorsal fin."

Kruse

Medium Fish
Sep 23, 2010
Minnesota
So I'm down to just one now. He appears fine for the time being, but we'll see how long that lasts. I feel bad for him being all alone now. I've pretty much lost one a day, minus yesterday and another day. I just can't quite figure out what might have been causing them to die one by one like that with the water parameters not showing anything unusual.

If I lose this last one, which I fully expect, should I start dosing the tank with a tiny amount of ammonia again to keep things maintained?

Kruse

Medium Fish
Sep 23, 2010
Minnesota
My only concern has been if they are dying from neon tetra disease, and the next group of fish (whatever they are) will get it unless I basically clean and restart the tank.

Kruse

Medium Fish
Sep 23, 2010
Minnesota
So, would you guys have any ideas/suggestions for fish that would go well with a group of Pristella Tetra and can handle higher pH water?

I was thinking about a gourami (if I can find one somewhere) or a couple of colorful guppies.