Clean up Crew

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
What do i need for my clean up crew? right now i jsut have one hermit crab and a roaming slug thing... my tank sand is constiantly brown and I'd like it to remain white ...so what do i need boys?

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
dang it thats alot! lol i live in wisconsin and I've never heard of any of that stuff.....the closet place that woudl have stuff like that is about an hour away...any ideas on transport?oh and a another question do feathers dusters grow..because some oen told me they dont but mine is deffinatly growing

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
I've found a mix of snails is good for cleaning up various algae, though none of mine really touch the nasty thick stuff. I've had great luck with astreas, ceriths, margaritas (though I lost my margarita due to not acclimating at all... acclimate them like fish, I've had much better luck with keeping them alive past 2 days).

I'm going to have to drop a plug for a brittle star here too. They get large, but they're so damn cool. I see new behavior from mine every day. Be sure to supplement its scavenger diet with small shrimp or pieces of shrimp if you go for one though, or any star for that matter, as a 20 is still considered a nano.

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
drip acclimation--get a length of airline tubing and tie two loose knots in it--tighten either knot to slow flow...someone else should be able to explain it better
there is also the method of using air flow regulator and airline tubing...but i won't explain that (i'm terrible at explaining things)

did the mods make you change the last part of your sig? hmm...