Clean up Crew

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
they eat meaty stuff but not so much the algae, they are very cool, there are larger species of nassarius snails, i assume you have the vibex? there are also obsoletus which are bigger, i think there might be another larger species as well.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i would reccomend starting with 5 blue or 5 red legged hermits, 5 nassarius snails or 5 bumblebees, 3 margaritas and 3 ceriths

but its hard to make a reccomendation without knowing what the lfs has

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
hmmmm
but i dont get why the guy said that he wouldn't get any bigger, and in the pet store he was in a little 2.5 gallon tank, now i knwo pet store conditions arn't always prime but...

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I had turbos and one became big as a hamster :p
Turbos grow fast when you have a good load of crap.
Maybe the the LFS guy doesn't give a crap...they often do..or doesn't know what he's talking about...happens a lot. Their main goal is to sell you stuff.

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
hmmm well i will have to trade it in then as soon as it gets too big...but guys are zebra hermit crabs reef safe..they seem to be giving my corals a hard tiem also...what can i do to fix my powerhead it blows around alot of sand and now there is sand on everything?

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ok thats good, ya the thing is the powerhead isn't pointed at the sand and now half my bottom is sandlessa nd its sitting on my rocks, so when i get home do you think it would be ok if i moved my lv so it was on the sandless part?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, you can move your LR to the sandless part but I think you should first figure out how to adjust your powerhead so that it doesn't blow the sand all over...its going to cause problems in the future with your corals and live rock