Could someone help me out?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Petco doesn't carry a decent skimmer......try on the internet say Marine depot or Premium aquatics, both are reputable online dealers.

orange spotted shrimp gobie, good chocie make sure you have a tight fitting lid though

Allright... I'm going down to Fort Myers with my parents to look for my supplies, as they have a bunch of aquarium stores... I think I'm going to buy my salt and test kits first, then I'll get the powerheads... Oh, and I'm sorry if I sound a bit like I can't make up my mind, but I think I'm going to go with the pink bar shrimp goby instead, I liked the color of the orange spotted, however, I think that the pink bar goby is longer, and I'm drawn to it I guess, besides, the bars look more orange to me than pink...

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well i live in ft laud and i got friends in ft myers, family in tampa/clearwater... i know theyve got reef clubs in all those places i mentioned... a reefclub is a good place to find cheap used equipment for a fraction of what it costs new ;) also craigslist... FYI if you plan on buying supplies from a LFS your guna pay ALOT more than if you bought online so shop around

YAY!!! I got a bunch of stuff for Christmas. I got my salt, and my parents got me live sand (I know it's unneccesary with the live rock and all, but they don't understand that, they are really trying to help, and they just helped a whole bunch!), rotating powerheads, and a book on how to keep a reef aquarium. I told them that I'm starting with fish only and that the book would still come in handy, especially once I started to add corals later. I'm really glad about it... Now all I need to buy is my live rock, right? Oh, and the test kits right?

Alright I found em... I also bought my test kits today, Salt Water Master Test Kit, by API, and it's for Ammonia, Nitrates, and Nitrites... I'm going to get like two Koralia #1s, or #2s, which would only require me buying 2 or 1 powerheads, which has the most flow? BTW, I think I'm going to by some base rock with the live rock to lessen the expense...? Will this work?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
you can definitly get base rock... just put the nice stuff on top! as far the koralia's personally id go with 2x koralia 1 instead of just 1 koralia 2 that way it give you more random flow... put one koralia on each end facing each other ;)

Alright... BTW, I have a wet dry filter, should I just sell it? I don't really want to use it, I've read by a lot of people that it is basically a nitrate, or nitrite trap... Any suggestions? I've seen it for $500 at the pet store... Could I sell it for around 200 online?