Disease?

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Thankyou for all your links. I think I may begin treating for a fungus as well (to be on the safe side). Im treating with an antibiotic (it reeks!) and melafix. Catfish is still behaving as normal.

Any help at all is much appreciated.

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
UPDATE: I thought he was getting better until I came home today. He was swimming frantically back and fourth near the top of the tank. Then he lingered in the middle and now he is laying in some plants. This is EXTREMLY abnormal for him. I have never before seen him leave his cave during the day.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
keep a real close eye on him now.i don't want to sound negative but i'm gonna say you might want to brace yourself for the worst.when i was working at a lfs i would see pictus cats become very restless and pace constaintly just before the died.keep treating him and keep feeding it garlic.i hope you cat gets better*fingers crossed*

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Thanks Mike. Hes still doing it only now his skin seems to be falling off ... when he moves there are bits lingering where he just was :( He swims fast and then rests at the bottom in a vertical position leaning on plants. He seems very sick. Im still medicating him and I put garlic on his pellets only hes not eating :(

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Sorry just saw this (im a bit slow) and yeah the backing is different, you can only see it on the pic cos I layed down on the floor to take it, when you look at my tank from sitting or standing you cant see the bottom of the background so its all good. (Plus I couldnt find any place that did a background with purple and pink gravel :))