Finally!!!, And I'm back!!

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
lol, ok wow, I have been waiting a long time for this, my skimmer came today! As you all can see I am totaly stoked about it. Ok here is the statis on my tank: 3 maxi jet 1200 powerheads (one one skimmer), The Aqua C remora, no Fluval(took it out) and water is looking ok, peramiters are good. I have 4 hermits left, and one Emrald crab!( survived a lot, lol).and of course I have some questions for everyone. lol, whats new, ok on my skimmer it came with a little white, long scub brush, type thing?? what is that, and do you guys have any tips about using the remora?? ok, guys great to be back, talk to you all soon!!!! *PEACE!*

Attachments

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, first off: did you consult the owners manual?

most skimmers require about a week break in period before they foam really well. the white screw is probably an access point to your injector nozzle if it is anything like my urchin (which it should be essentially the same). the white brush is just a cleaning tool

Apr 7, 2005
NE Ohio
I have the same skimmer, and yes it takes 1-2 weeks to produce any foam what-so-ever. That little white brush that you see is exactly what camaro stated. The white screw you saw is for your injection and the brush is just there to clean it. Just be careful that when you decided to take out the screw, that you don't drop it in the tank or the skimmer.
And don't worry if the skimmer sounds really loud at this point. That noise will go down a lot in the next few weeks as the skimmer get's broken in.

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Well my tank must of been realy dirty because it starting making foam already(or when I woke up this mornig, just a little though. And it is going into the cup) uhhh, the screw is not realy like a screw it's more like something you adjust?? I think I will call them, and yes it is a little noisy right now, but it all seems good for now. before I put it in my tank I ran it in a 5 gal bucket of warm water.