Finally!!!, And I'm back!!

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
Umm, when you turn off the power to your skimmer, does it take a while to get going again (making foam) oh, man that thing pumps out some nasty stuff. I went to take a whiff of the collection cup (just wondering if it smelt) holy crap it burnt my nose, lol.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
hey i'm a seaclone user and i cleaned my impeller the other week..woah..produced so much skimmate that i didn't think of buying another skimmer for about 2 days !
Seriously, when it's cleaned it works well..but gotta clean often.
I wouldn't go on a long vacation with a seaclone 'cause it's unreliable but it can skim

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, even if you are gone a couple weeks the diminshed skimmer production probably won't cause you any really serious problems in your tank (unless your feeder dumps a whole can of food in there or something)

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
uh guys, after your skimmer is broke in, and it gets shut off for a min or two should it take a while(days?hours?) to get foaming agian. Now I now I'v already asked this, but I mean when the skimmer is broke in and not just 2 days old. Oh and one more thing, should I worry about the larger particals of stuff floting around in my tank(algea, food, ext...) or whill thew skimmer suck them up??

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
cool, cool. it looks like I just nedd to sit back and let the tank do its thing. I will add a bigger clean up crew when I see some money. and I am going to do like 20% water changes a month now, sence I have the skimmer. Is it important to run my venturie (bubble things) house for the maxi-jes? basicly pump air into my tank, lol. Or does it do nothing at all?