first big tank

gouramis are labyrinth fishes also. i wonder why they're not put into little vases like bettas. maybe it's the multi-color appeal that bettas have and people like their fins? yeah that's weird labyrinth fishes can extract oxygen directly from the air. give them a few million years and they'll be sprouting legs and crawling on land. i wonder if they're relatives to frogs or salamanders. hmmm!
Some labyrinth fish can already climb on land. Its called a climbing perch I think.

s_anthony

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I've kept bettas in bowls before (the round vases) but made sure that they were larger than the typical store ones... I also kept the water extremely clean, and made sure the temp stayed the same. I constantly had happy bettas with plenty of nesting bubbles... and they lived for at least 3 years ...

Now though i have bettas in tanks, and for some reason they never last past a year. I think it might have something to do with the breeding ... the typical veil tails you can get at a LFS...

Jun 12, 2007
55 gallon fish tank

I am thinking of getting a 55 gallon fish tank. The only thing that worries me is if my floor will be able to hold it. I live in a 2 story duplex on the second floor. I am just wondering if anyone has had any problems or if i should even be worried about the floor of my place?? please help