fish dying week...

this weeks been a bad one. fish dying all week long. First my Male Swordtail dies of unknown reason over night, old age? then one of my mother's goldfish died to a ich and self starvation, more self starvation, over night. then, on the same morning, after school, i find my Highfin Mickey Mouse Platy wedged inbetween my rock and the wall..a few hours later another of my mom's goldfish dies due to a 50/50 ich and self starvation. and today during school, one of my..my..my.. prized Singapore Dragon Guppy died. i do not know why he died, but the night before he kept on swimming in tight circles, the ones dogs do when they chase their tails. maybe all of you guys rest in peace...i prized him due to a large tail, and a highly wanted color, sadly i do not think he had any offspring..

*You find a picture and turn it over to see something scribbled on it. This is what it said:

May this picture be your tombstone. Thank you for letting me be your owner, Marble Dragon, although this picture is bad, you were always hard to have a proper picture of. You've been one tough cookie.
From your spoiling owner,
theeyrietrainer*

Attachments

well, MY tank is fine for now, not my other tank that has my mom's goldfish in it. another one died a few hours ago. we started with 6 (costed my mom $36 dollars for small pieces of round things (the goldfish)) 3 red capped oranda, and 3 black and orange oranda. 2 black and oranges died, and now a red capped died. well, i hope everything else in my hosue stops dying! what if theres a death ghost in my house?!?!?!?!? oops, im not supposed to believe in ghosts...but i do anyways!!! :O

another died. another of my was-going-to-be prized guppies. my double sword guppy, swordsken. my main tank is fine. just the fish are getting too old since i dont buy guppies often. this time, swordsken starved himself to death, poor guy...he wouldnt eat for few days now, the water's fine in there. its the fry container thats messed, time to take some water from my only tank that isnt dying for the mystery fry. well, i went to my favourite fish store today. since my mom's goldfish died, i bought 4 more for her, costed me $24 for 4 little tiny balls! YARG!! and 2 Green Swords since i couldnt find any of those Velvet Blood Swords... 1 mystery fry isnt doing well so i gotta change the water ASAP

Attachments

Sep 23, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
How big of a tank are the golds in? Make sure you have 10 gallons per goldfish. They get really stressed when crowded and disease is hard to get rid of. Out of the 60-70 I have The only time I lose one is when the tank is too cramped and water gets too dirty before weekly changes. My 15 year old fantail usually lets me know when he needs his water in the 125 gallon changed based behavior.

well, they got the ich while in the bag im afraid. when i released them in the tank, they already had the spots. well, now there all fine, 2 of my orange and black oranda have these big white dots on them. sometimes there gone, and sometimes they show. normally after we add salt or some meds for ich, the white globules will disappear then like, they appear a day later...

...:( after school (right now) i just found Dyanze, my cellophane male betta from a betta breeder, dead today... i noticed hes been sluggish and deadish for a few days and yesterday he didnt touch any of his bloodworms..he saddly starved himself to death..:( after i changed his water 3 days ago, he began starving himself..:( grrrrrrrrrr only a couple left before i just explode?!!?!?!?! ARG!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
heres one that mentions starvation from the MFT database...

Tuberculosis
Symptoms are Hollow belly, Knife back, Pale skin, Bending of spine. They also lose their appetite which does not help them. If suspected it is best to dispose of the fish immediately. TB can be passed on to humans but only if you have open wounds on your hands when placing them in the aquarium.