fish dying week...

Well, yesterday I noticed that Moscow Blue got REALLY beautiful, just HAD to take pictures! and i did :) now hes dead :( i guess fish show their best before they pass peacefully. He was one of the best passers, since he never got disease and died, well at least im happy that he passed quietly. Today something was odd. one of my clearless females got thin and her stomach area, where its normally silver, its blackish and her face was like white and was open and was like molded in plastic or something. it was sorta like she had a face cast on her, well she died few hours later...

Attachments

Sep 23, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
What are the current fish and water parameters for each tank (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, gh, kh, temp). How many gallons is each tank and what fish are in them. How long have the tanks been running and how often and how much water is being changed? give us all the filter and other info too. Lastly what kind of water conditioner are you using???? There must be something more to this thats being missed that is linking this many deaths. Goldfish are hard to kill if the water conditions are right. Heck the one I have had for 15 years has been dropped on the floor twice and moved with me 5 times.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
yea something doesn't sound right at all.do you put the same equipment in different tanks without rinsing it of first?if you do you may run the risk of cross contamination.if one tank was sick and unsterile equipment was used in a healthy tank that could be the cause of your deaths.but at the same you say they are all dying of starvation,no starvation would be a side affect of whatever is killing them.it sounds like either tb like loach said or parasites.

nope, i never use the same equipement, each tank has their own equipement. I dont use water conditionner, i let my water age for a few days before and its been fine. the main tank has been running for about.....a decade, and the goldfish tank has been running for a year. the reason the goldfish were sick was because they were in a bag that would be too small for them (i think it was a large size bag with like 4 goldfish in there) and when i released them in the tank, i'd realize that they have ich! then i'd go through the battle of trying to save them. i think my goldfish are overly stressed but everything is now finally under control, thus, no more goldfish deaths. but i cant help my other aging fish...ugh, maybe ill just stick to something like arowanas or angels that should live for about a decade...well, i change the water quite frequently. once a week, lol, just when the water has aged well. actually, now that im thinking about it, i think its once every 2 weeks. 1 week for all my fish tanks, and 1 week for goldfish tank. i alternate, so it shouldnt be wrong cause ive been doing that for about a year and nothing has happened...

oh, another guppy died, lol, yes, she looked like she had fungus on her face, next day of the seperation she died, good thing my hospital tanks are just 1 gallon, not so much to wash!

Attachments

well, another one died. this time its my last cellophane male, Visidouble. Symptons: the dead like feature, clamped fins, reddness on tips of the tail, the pointed end of the tail due to clamp, not swimmable. The poor thing, the stiffness of the pointed points were so strong, they supported him vertically! he looked like he was standing up! poor guy :( hope you are better now!

Attachments

i would bring my water to the fish store, but if i can only drive! my parents wont drive me due to the fact of my exams (finals) and since thats more "important" (to them) i cant go anywhere, thus, i am captive and a prisoner to my own house! well at least ill be able to breed bettas once this horrible week is done, and then there will be a lot of fish dead (the fry) since mortality rates are at an ok height...

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Why don't you let them know that you're pretty upset about this and you might be able to concentrate on your school work better if you could settle this problem? And this is none of my business, but why don't you wait to breed your fish until you get your water figured out?