Fish skin desorder!!!!!

Jun 7, 2008
india
right no LIVESTOCK in QT
3 fishes left in display tank
as you said it
remove the fishes from the display tank and put them in QT tank
i can do that....it will take 3 days(mixing of salt ..etc etc
but thing iam conserned is that .....my Qt tank is not cycled ....do i have to change the water to keep the amonia level down
i can leave the display tank to sit for 2 months max(as you said..)
mathew said to sterile all tanks ....how do i sterile the display tank
in QT tank i do i need drop the sal to 1.09(in both the tanks)
CHRIS THIS HOBBY HAS A BIG TIME BACK STING...BECOUSE MORE YOU COME CLOSER TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN THIS HOBBY...MORE THE CHANCES OF FAILING BADLY.....
HOPE YOU UNDERSTOOD

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I misunderstood. I thought all your fish had died. Sorry all.....treat fish in qt with hypo. Lower the sg in the qt only, slowly over the course of a week. Leave this at lower sg for time needed usually 30 days. After this gradually increase the sg back to match that of the main display. The display should be ich free after 6 weeks, the fish should be healthy after 30 days of hypo and be ready to go back to the main display. The hyposalinity will help other issues also such as broolynella and other parasites.

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
are these damsels in the QT as we instructed/ strongly suggested? is the SG 1.009? If yes, then how long have the fish been in this 1.009 environment? DO NOT REMOVE THEM FOR AT LEAST 4 WEEKS!!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well I don't think your ich is eradicated. It would take more than 6 weeks and it hasn't been that long. You still need to remove the fish and let the tank sit for 6 weeks to ensure it is gone. Do not add any fish but remove these ones to the qt while the tank sits.

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
no sign of ich so far so good
but i used 2 250ml of medicine to eradicate ich
but my damshels have no white spots till now
all gone
but i have seen them scracth few times
what i think here is medicine did it part but not successfully
90% is gone 10% may be left
if it is left then they will evoke again
that is the point i am waiting for
then i will move my damshels to QT and cure them with other ich removing medicine
and leave the tank with inverts only
that will do it

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
unless you remove all the fish and let what ich remains starve you may always have ich in the tank......it may not manifest itself in a full bloom but it will be there and any fish under stress will succumb to it. Best to eradicate it totally than take a chance later