I'm very upset

DeZ

Small Fish
Jan 13, 2004
Delta BC,Canada
Visit site
Thank you. I have already had better luck.
I HAVE A NEW GOLD NUGGET :D
He/she is doing great, very active, eating lots and also very healthy. My LFS made me a trade for it in exchange for some computer work. He had it for just over a year, so it 5" already. I usually would want one smaller but I'm sooo happy with this one, it the very first one I saw, other then pictures and have been drooling over ever since. But he did have a 79$ price on it so thats whay I never bought it.

I also am going to be volenteering at my LFs starting today, will be hired when one of his employees goes off to school this spring. :D :D :D

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I would guess at leaast 10 years. They need to be 2 or 3 years before they even start to think about spawning. Buying a 'secondhand' one is the smart way to go, though you obviously don't see too many. What are you feeding it on - mine like bloodworms, but that's a bit hard to get to them as the get snapped up so quickly, and go crazy for big bits of shrimp.
In the wild the are detritivore and browsers. They seem to feed like many apparent 'algae eaters' (like mbuna) on what are called aufwuchs, small crustaceans and others that live on/in the algae, but any algae ingested is accidental.
Good luck!

ladyhawk

Large Fish
Oct 3, 2003
www.geocities.com
Crud....

Well I totally agree that the bad LFS sucks. If was near you I would have ended up in jail like some of the others. I would do something that would bring bad karma...like suger in the but holes gas tank that yelled at you!

But in the end it sounds like things are turning out better for you. I
I'm glad you were able to turn thing around for yourself.

Oh wanted to mention this. About a week ago I went on a road trip to our LF stores. One place has alot of salt water tank. However he had a couple freash an in 1 he had a Gold nugget Pl*co'. It was the first time I saw one in person. VERY pretty fish. Any way I asked him how much. He said it was $40 U.S. dollars. It was about 3 inches long. Now I think I should had bought him considering how much you are paying. Wish the was a cost effective way to 'Forward ' you one if ever wanted another :)

S

spudz

I know the store u speak of and totally agree with everyone else. Went there once will never return. I believe it a new outlet, but it really sucks. Crappy fish and service. I believe the guy is trying real hard but lacks knowledge , perhaps. my rating is *thumbsdow*thumbsdow*thumbsdow