My 90

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
New pics:

10K Hamilton on left 20K CoralVue on right. Still lots of diatom on substrate.

Both 20k and just about all diatom gone. Green hair algae is my current nemesis. My CUC is much too small at the moment.

Some Green Bay Packer zoa and other cool looking blue with red skirt.

green/purple yumas splitting. I think it will end up being 4 of them there and there's 2 other small ones on the rock.

lots of zoa

green star polyps

big pink white brown palys

blue orange ric

idaho grape monti it's more purple then it looks in the picture

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
torch

Lots of ever growing Xenia. They look great pulsing hopefully I can keep them in control

Orange Eyed Echino

Trumpets that were munched on by crab

Orange Monti, great looking RDE zoa and the tied dyed zoa

Bam Bams

Brain

Green Hydno

Last edited:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Everything looks pretty happy to me! Like those 20k bulbs.. Im going to have to check em out online somewhere to get a price.. Never heard of em before..
The 20Ks are nice. The bright blue is easier on my eyes then the 10ks and the corals look great. I think I'll be sticking with 20k. My 2 VHO Actinics I'm going to replace with 10Ks though. The blue background has to go now. I got water back behind there as you can see in the pics anyways going to switch to the black.

Now if I can just quit being lazy and finish the sump hehe.

Also those Radioactive Dragon Eyes have morphed or something. With those distinct white marks around the skirt they don't look like RDE like these:

CoralPedia.com! :: The definitive repository for named Corals!

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The jury is out on the 20K lights. Apparently most corals do not show as much growth in that spectrum and as a consequence most people will run 14K to gain the advantage of the bluer spectrum with the growth benefits of the 10K. Just an opinion. I personally am running 12K supplemented with actinics for the blue.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I had the 14K CoralVue on my Aquapod. To me that just looked bright white. My Hamilton 10ks look white with a slight yellowish tint. I'm sure growth is best at 10K but my corals sure seem perkier under these new lights. The torch for sure is more extended out now. I'll take the slower growth for the blue look. Though I'm going to dump the actinic VHOs and put 10Ks in next week which should make it a bit less blue. The two actinic 110W VHOs on my setup didn't really change the color of the 10K Hamiltons.

Jim I bought one off Craig's list and then the guy ordered me another one.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Sudden cloudiness today. tank was clear this morning when I went to work now it's cloudy a few hours later. Bacterial bloom of some sort? Everything looks fine at this point. Mixing up saltwater now for about a 15% change later.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Some more recent pics. Still fighting green hair algae but it's starting to go away now.

Two new additions a brown acro of some sort (anyone know what type?):

A yellow tang which I have been patiently waiting to add to my tank:

Bonus I was rearranging parts of the reef to get the xenia away from the torch and found these two metallic blue/purple mushrooms that I had never seen before:

Colony of big pink white palys that are really spreading:

Blue Orange Rics:

Idaho Grape not real purple but showing definite signs of growth:

Green Purple yumas have been splitting and multiplying, went from 3 to 9:

Some metallic green zoa:

Evergrowing Xenia I had to move about 6 stalks of this to the left side of the tank it was overrunning the right side and frying itself on the torch:

The trumpets weren't looking to good after that crab munched on them they made a full recovery:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Blue purple tie dyed zoa went from 2 to 4 from last pics, RDEs looking good, orange monti about the same. You can see bits of purple coraline starting to grow on the rocks:

blue pink zoa:

Torch:

Bam Bams

Orange Eye Enchino

Last edited: