Need an Algae ID

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
Just finishing up my darkness period, and you can tell the water has gotten much clearer with just the room lights on. Its a great idea, for anyone battling algae, or if you want to just see clearer water. Gonna do it once a month from now on.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
was your rock uncured? the could be spaghetti worms or something that navigated from your rock into your sand......may be a good thing as any life in the sand is good......well with a few exceptions.....you may want to increase your water flow as that may be part of the algae issue too that wasn't mentioned.....

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
Wouldnt low flow mean it would grow on rocks as well? I actually turned down the flow to see if it would help with the cloudyness issue, and it has, something was getting kick around, and it wasnt sand. Im gonna let the tank settle and then turn up the flow again. What do you think?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
turn up your flow....the sand will settle and if there is other stuff floating around do some water changes as I don't think you run a skimmer do you?

stir it up really well then do a water change....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
if they bother you....just stir the top 1/2 inch of sand....The only way you can be totally rid of the water is to completely change it over to ro/di.....though eventually you will come pretty darn close, at least close enough to make a difference though not for a while......