New tank test results

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
i will wait until tomorrow to do that 75% water change. i only have 13 1gal jugs to fill up. any suggestions on how to change more than that? a bucket with trying to control water temp?

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I use 2 gallon buckets. Once I fill them up I put them near the fireplace over night to stay warm while the clorine and everything settles and then I can treat as many buckets as I need to. Since my tanks are all small I never really need more then 2.

WIth a larger tank you may find a 5G bucket works (I find that too heavy though it's about 50Lb full)

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
4 tanks.. that would be nice. i think that i want to get another tank a few years down the road and have african cichlids.

now that siphon takes out the old water and puts in new? that is amazing. how do you control temp.. just with the hot and cold knobs?

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
the link you posted.. is that a good price? i know that at my lfs they are high priced on alot of stuff. the petsmart is expensive to me also. we have a pets supply plus around us also and it is alottttttt cheaper. example, my wisper air pump for 20 gallon at petsmart was 20.00 and 6.50 at pet supply plus. the penguin power head at petsmart was 39.99 and at 15.00 at pet supply plus. can you get the python at most pet stores? ebay?

Dec 20, 2007
North Lousiana
I've heard of the pythons but I'm not ready to shell out the cash for it. I use a 5G bucket for both my 10G and 46G tanks. It is a little more work for the 46G but it's not that bad. To refill the water I take out I use a few 1G milk jugs for the 10G. (The big bucket for the 46G). I always use the hot and cold tap to get the water as close to temp as possible and I treat it before adding it back to the tank.

BTW, I was going to tell you may not want add any more fish to your tank until it finishes cycling. Which fish have u got left?

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
all the fish listed in the signature are all still flippin. im not going to add any more fish until it is done cycling. hopefully only a few more weeks. i'm only thinking that python would make it really easy since i have to change it alot coming up. who knows

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Wow I need to get one of those. My tanks are in my kitchen on the counter so that's even easier if I can just hook it up to the sink!

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
that sounds like an ideal situation for that! if they are close enough to the sink just siphon it out into the drain and get a short hose that will screw on the faucet for a few bucks at the hardware store!