New tank test results

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Oh I already syphin it out into the sink with the gravel vacum when I do my water changes.

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Only to get started. Once you have your tank established, and you have all the equiptment you want, all the fish you want. Then, all you have to buy is food, test kits, and maybe some meds, filter inserts, depending on what type of filter you use.

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
well.. i guess that is why it is expensive.. im just starting out! i am thinking of getting the blue led lights for simulating moonlight. that way i can enjoy the tank when the regular light is off.

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
UPDATE=
new test results this morning
ammonia 0.25
nitrite 2.0
nitrate 5.0

should i still change the water today? it came down from yesterday after the water change. does that mean that the tank is cycling correctly? i also cut back on how much i am feeding them. smaller amount of food twice a day.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
UPDATE=
new test results this morning
ammonia 0.25
nitrite 2.0
nitrate 5.0

should i still change the water today?
The short answer is yes.

Cycling a tank is a long and arduous process. The cycle will be done once you have gotten your ammonia and nitrites to zero and the tank can maintain that without daily water changes. Until that point, it's not cycled.

Has no one suggested Bio-Spira to you, DwarfGourami? It helps with the cycle by introducing the bacteria you need. It's hard to find, but, if you can find it (make sure it's refrigerated), it will help you out with all this.

it came down from yesterday after the water change. does that mean that the tank is cycling correctly? i also cut back on how much i am feeding them. smaller amount of food twice a day.
Less food is a good idea.