Newbie here! Please help me put together a 75G SW setup!

Oct 29, 2005
OK...I have ordered the equipment and everything is on the way. I can't wait to get started! Now, I knwo i still have some time until my tank is ready for some inhabitants, but I was wondering about something. On a number of sites (including here), I read about something called a "cleanup crew". From what I gather, they seem to be composed of crabs, snails, etc. For my 75G setup, with about 45 lbs of LR to begin with, what I should I look for in a "crew"? How much would be sufficient? What kinds? Should they come before I introdue the first fish to the system, or after? Thanks!!

Oct 29, 2005
OCCFan023 said:
After your tank cycles, this is when you ussually put in your clean up crew.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=420
They have a good list of crabs and such, and they give numbers according to tank size Give it a look should help alot
Wow! When looking at the suggested for a 75G, all of their packs pretty much had about 90-95 total critters!!! They seems like so much. Except for their packs that had sea star, brittle stars (which had only of like 5 of those for a tank my size) they were all so high. So is that really a good number? Do you all have that many? Thanks

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
I would think you'd be cool with about half of that.
All the cleanup hermits (scarlets, blue legs, orange marked) are all cool to watch and add a deeper interest level to your tank. Judging by mine, they have quite a good mortality rate but d'on't forget to get a few extra shells for them to grow into.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
`Umm..the big online fish centers have algae and cleaner packages....im not saying to necessarily buy one, but they have a good configuration of critters.

Oct 29, 2005
Sweet! Well, today a few items were delivered:

Coralife Super Skimmer 125G
Coralife 48" PC 2x65W
Aquaclear 70 (300G) HOB
And a few random neccisties: test kit, heater, hydrometer, etc.

Slowly, but surely Im getting there... :)