Oto fry!

I am so surprised you got fry from having 2 ottos though- SO LUCKY!!
Yeah, same happened with the cories. I only had one pair!

Update after wc: I lost one so I'm down to 32...sound familiar? :) I started with 32 cory eggs on my last successful batch. Is it safe to assume I'll end up with around 5 otos that actually make it? :D I'm so excited!!!

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
From the research I've been doing on raising these guys, you will have better success if you can keep them in a small well established tank that gets direct sunlight for algae growth. It's recommended to put the tank in a window.

From the research I've been doing on raising these guys, you will have better success if you can keep them in a small well established tank that gets direct sunlight for algae growth. It's recommended to put the tank in a window.
Oooo how convenient! I just need to strip off that background (it's only taped) and then leave the blinds open in the afternoon. :) Thanks for the tip.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Indeed. I should have mentioned it's important for the room this is in to be air conditioned. And that placing the tank in the window in the Southern Hemisphere isn't advised.

Errr I just saw where you are Kissy. Put it in the path of the sun but not directly against the window.