Pearl Gourami

Oct 22, 2002
Pearls used to have a max size of four inches, but inbreeding and poor conditions have made it difficult to buy store raised pearls and get them to six, unless you have a truly massive tank. I would say that your pearls will probably top out at around four or four and a half inches.

Balance

Large Fish
Jul 16, 2003
Aurora, IL
www.myspace.com
pearls are rather shy unless they are in a group of 3 or more.
they tend to get 4-4 1/2 inches as stated a few time above.

they are very peaceful, one of the most peaceful of the gourami's

also its good to have a ratio of 1 male to 2 females also, unless your actually breeding.....

I have 1 male and 2 female Pearl in my 75G and they love to play in the tank, like all gourami's they can be pushy at feeding time, but other than that they are a great community fish.

and the best looking gourami in my opinion

Nov 5, 2002
Auburn, CA
I totally agree!

I have had 4 female Pearl Gourami in my 29 gal. tank for over a year now and they are the most peaceful fish in the tank. They occasionally will playfully chase or push eachother around durng feeding but that is it.

As mentioned above, mine seem to have maxed out at about 4 inches in length. I consider these to be one of the most beautiful of the gouramis . . . my personal favorite.

Good Luck!*celebrate

Balance

Large Fish
Jul 16, 2003
Aurora, IL
www.myspace.com
i'm with MarkRW89...

unless your tank is overcrowded already, I'd say add a single Pearl in there.

they are usually shy fish if there is only 1 Pearl in a tank of aggressive/hyper fish....

but with a tank of tetra a single Pearl will probably feel like a king among fish!:D

Aug 10, 2003
Canada
Visit site
ya, saddly my tank is kind of crowded, but tell me if you think I will have room for a pearl.
1 khuli loach
2 ottos
3 cory doras
3 guppies
4 silver tipped
4 cardinals
7 black neons
3zebra danioes
1 sm pleco
and 1 gourami
=29 fish in a 25 gallon
I do weekly water changes.