PICTURES

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
alright made a few changes as far as the aquascaping aswell as added a fuge n whatevr i had in my 10 gallon here are a few pics....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
a question i have since i used the light from my 10g the light covers the return area aswell...im sure ima get alota algea in that section do you think itd be ok to throw a turbo in there or will he get sucked into the return???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
how bout i lost my pistol shrimp throught the baffles...like an idiot i was still re-arranging the rocks in my 55 when i put the goby and pistol in so i threw them into the fuge for the time being and by the time i had realized it the pistol was already stuck to the return pump :eek: R.I.P. pistol pete :rolleyes:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
SALTY WATERS said:
Hey TRe,

out of curiosity if your running a sump why do you keep your skimmer and what looks like a heater on the left in your display tank? The tank would look much cleaner if they where in he sump!
yea eventualy everything will be down there it took me a while to get everything just right but now i belive im at that point where i feel comfortable taking the heater and evrything out the display...there were definitly times when i first got it going were the circulation stopped but i think iv got everything sorted out...
btw my pupose was more for the fuge than anything

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Lorna said:
I don't know how you could keep them in one section alone. Mine I find everywhere even in my skimmer, baffles don't keep them down.
i actualy put eggcrate ontop of the first baffle but so far the giant turbo is the only thing it has held back *crazysmil

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
I had a nass snail get sucked into the return pump, it was quite gross and sad. It was on the glass infront of the pump intake and stupid me, i decided to move the pump back a bit, instead of turning it off first, and the suction killed the snail :(

on the other hand, my clown goby went overflow surfing and eventually ended up in the return section. this time i was quick enough to turn off the pump first! lol those gobies can sure jump high and move fast!