Rate my 29G Planted...

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
Well, yes, I do have more tanks, lol. Here's my planted 29G...

The hoses you see are from my diatom filter. Normally they are not there, but did a major cleaning tonight. Plants are L. repens on the left, corkscrew vals just to the right of the L. repens, a ruffled sword behind and to the right of the driftwood and I think something like Cabomba to the left, a dwarf sag in the U of the driftwood, and Wisteria on the right. Also have a few small leaves of clover I'm trying to get started. The fish are Cardinals, Serpae Tetras, Blue Flame Tetras, Bleeding Heart Tetras, and Otos.

Last edited:

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
LOL! I was going to ask the samething. It does look likea bubble wall. (I seem to havea thing for asking the same question as everyone else...so much for being unique!! :rolleyes: ) I like that tank too LoneWolf!!! Good Job!!! *thumbsups

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
tessalion said:
looking good...glad someone else out there has my love for tetras :D

is that a bubble wall in back? Whatever it is it looks cool...
No bubble walls. It's a painted background. Here's a couple pics when I started the project....

Moonlights anyone? LOL

I will never ever go back to regular backgrounds, lol. Painted is the only way to go......

Last edited:

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
hi..

How well planted is your 29G and how are you dosing? How much lighting? CO2?

Currently I'm running 130W CF. I am injecting CO2 through a glass diffuser into my XP2 intake. And I'm also dosing Greg Watsons products, using EI. Should have seen this tank 3 days ago, lol. Your tank probably isn't looking as bad as mine did, lol. The entire bottom was covered in algae, some bba, lots of bga, as well as hair algae. And that was due to not injecting CO2 and high lighting. But the last 3 days I've been scrubbing, manually removing the bga (stinks, lol), and running my diatom filter. Got it pretty well cleaned, so hopefully with the CO2 added, the plants will take over and not the algae.

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
jumpfreak26 said:
Well, im not dosing anything, runing small DIY co2, 80 watts, and it was well planted, but the bba took over and so i took it all out and stuffed it with wisteria to overcome it, so i think ill clean up the rest tomrow and see how it goes from there
Need to start dosing nitrates. BBA usually comes when there's a low fluctuating CO2 or nitrates drop out. It also thrives where there's high Phosphates.