S.Reef 280 Gallon SPS Build

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Regarding the camera, it has to have a slower shutter speed w/out flash in order to allow enough light in to make a properly exposed picture. A tripod (or a pile of books on a chair/table/etc.) will allow you to take clear shots w/out flash.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Regarding the camera, it has to have a slower shutter speed w/out flash in order to allow enough light in to make a properly exposed picture. A tripod (or a pile of books on a chair/table/etc.) will allow you to take clear shots w/out flash.
hmm..thanks ill try that when i get home

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well, I havent been on in a while....like to come and go in little spurts. A little update, I took all the corals out of the big reef tank and set up a 20 gallon reef...i also sold a whole bunch of my pieces including my show caps, frogspawn and big rose anemone. I swapped the 180 over to a big FO system. Reasoning for me was with more school and work i was very busy, also living at home for at least the next year or so I wanted to ease the electricity so I got rid of a bunch of equipment. The tank is still lit with VHO and overdriven t5 though :)

So anyhow here are some pics of the new reef and the FO...coming in next post

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Don't know how I missed this tank build, but I am caught up now. That had to be a bummer not getting the big tank down the staris but everything is looking good now.