Salty Waters Project!

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Today I picked up my double 65watt PC fixture for the refugium on the new system and hooked it up on the LR bin to keep the Rose BTA happy until the new system is up and running. I also have some purple mushrooms and yellow polyps on a few pieces of LR that I forgot to mention. The coraline algea is starting to take hold more so and the LR is looking really nice. I'm quite happy with it.

TRe... the girlfriend has the camera, but definitely pics will be on the way shortly!

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Update...

Okay, so I now have everything to get started on setting this project up... everything that is except the "Tank" and the "Apartment" :D

The move in date is March 1st, so not to long off now! I picked the stands and the last of the equipment up over the weekend, so now it's just the waiting game for the tanks.

The Rose tip is doing alot better now that the lighting is on the tub and turns out I may have a second BTA about a 1cm in diameter. This one has your tipical green bulbs on it. This LR is turning out to be a nice grab :D

Pics will be on there way shortly... still waiting to get the camera back!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea march 1st has already came and went :p than again i know when i moved into the new house last year it took me almost a month before i had my internet/tank back up

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Okay, so the tank is coming in Sat. everything is ready to go and I should have it up and running by Monday.
The LR bin is doing well... I added 5 mexican turbo's and 20 electric blue hermits to keep the algea under control. The coralin is coming along amazingly on the rock and the Rose bulb is doing good as well.

I do not have internet at my house so I do not get on as much.. updates will come as soon as I get the tank up

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Okay, first I have to appologize for the delay in updates... I have been busy with moving everything in and getting the tank up and going and working all the kinks out of the system.

So... the tank is up and running now since April 1st. I had an issue with my return pump being to strong (I over guesstimated my total tank water volume once 115lbs Lr & 160lbs LS was added), so I had to redue my drains and ordered the Coralife 1090 instead of the 1270 to cut back on flow through the sump. I also had a problem with my skimmer the Current USA fission skimmer. I had 2 impeller shafts snap on me in 1 week... so I had to return it and ended up going with the Coralife super skimmer with needle wheel... I am very impressed with this unit so far. After the first day I already pulled a 1/4 of the collection cup out of very dark skim and everything needed to run this unit is in the box.

I picked up the wood to build the stand cover this weekend hopefully time permitting and after that it will be done.

The bad news is I still have no photo's to share... SORRY! I do not have the internet at my appartment so I don't get a chance to come on as much at the moment and unfortunatly I don't have my camera here with the pics to upload at this time.

I will do my best to get over here to my parents in the next day or two, as I have them off work, and upload the photo's and post an updated stocking list of my new tank.

Ps. the Rose Bulb is doing good but decided to move into a hole in the rock just at the right angle so I can't get a photo of it unless it is fully extended... unfortunately that is when I am at work most of the time.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada

Well okay a small update:

Stand as you can see did not get done yet, niether has the auto top off... just not enought hours in a day!

Quick specs:
115lbs LR
160lbs LR

Sorry that's all the time I got at the moment hope to get some feed back from you all, Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Now thats ballin. Very nice setup...whats going in the tank to the right?

How thick is the glass on the tank? How do you like the Eurobrace, i've never liked the look of it but never owned a tank with it so i can't judge...your take? I guess it was either eurobrace or center brace right?

Is the sump drilled? Where is your return coming from? I like the sump setup, its how i in-vision mine.