shark ok in 120 gallon?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
who said i dont listen cause actually i do (sometimes) im just asking questions isnt that what this site is for? am i not listening by coming here first and asking questions before coming and telling every one i just bought a shark??

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yes, it is good that you are asking first...step in the right direction...i know i become frustrated when you continue to press for the answer you want to get rather than the answer which is correct so if i seem snippy sometimes that is probably why

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
ya TRe you could of realy hert my feelings man, I mean calling me 14 and making fun of the fact that I mooch of of my parents and the fact that I dont have a skimmer and the fact that i had to sell my ps2 and the fact that....just playin man, but I am a good sport so I'll be ok. ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
1979camaro said:
yes, it is good that you are asking first...step in the right direction...i know i become frustrated when you continue to press for the answer you want to get rather than the answer which is correct so if i seem snippy sometimes that is probably why
k got it sharks are bad and so are stingrays :(
what about those flashlight fish like in finding nemo? how do you feel about those?? there kinda expensive but cool looking :D

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
I know everyone here expects people to know that sharks and rays are not for aquariums, but you have to remember that a lot of people don't really see much other than what's at their LFS. So if they're LFS has some sharks, the obvious assumption would be that they're alright to keep, because the fish store is.

Try not to be so condescending, atleast he asked.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
that flashlight fish (i believe its called a angler fish) would be amazing, but I think it has to be in like real dark water and I think (just assuming) and although most dont grow to big, I dont know hwo they would fare in a aquarium.... no angler fish *twirlysmi

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Cichlid-Man said:
The decompression alone of getting them to the surface would kill them.....add in the light factor and they are dead before you take them out of their own habitat.
i saw a site that was selling these fish for $100 thats why i ask

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
"what about those flashlight fish like in finding nemo? how do you feel about those?? there kinda expensive but cool looking "

thats not the fish from finding nemo, the fish from finding nemo is a angler fish...

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
no the ones with the lights in there eyes.. are those angler fish?? who says they are anglers?? to me they look like these flashlight fish like in the like i posted.. who knows i guess ill have to watch the movie again

Last edited:

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well, back to sharks, Im afraid none can go in a 120 for their whole life. Of course you could put one of these smaller inactive ones in there but youll will eventually need to upgrade the tank. The minimum size tank I would recommend would ba a 180. Its always better to have a bigger tank.

Rays need a lot of surface area. The bluespotted is one of the hardest to keep, but it has nice colors and stays semi small. The rest get too big. In general stay away from them.