shark ok in 120 gallon?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok i think they were angler fish :eek:

i still think the flashlight fish would be cool fish to keep but i know its probally not such a good idea :D

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i was at one of the lfs's today and they had a 2,000 gallon tank with 2 greatwhite sharks in it (about 2 feet each) dam there cool as f**k he said they get to be 7 feet and when they get to be 3 feet they either give them to seaworld or if they dont want them then they release them into the ocean..and then at another lfs they had shark eggs and you could actually see the shark swimming around inside the egg (banded shark) only $30

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
if there was one thing that Jaws 4 taught me, its that Great Whites cant be kept in captivity. Althought I do think Ecotank and Lotus are having some success recently in their pool, and rewritting the rule of great whites in captivity :)

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
can we cut the calling out and dissing?--you guys are ruining the casual atmosphere

for the record, there is a flashlight fish in finding nemo

Tre, i think it would be wise to take care of the space requirements for your current fish before considering anything else

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Im afraid they were not Great White Sharks. The longest peroid of time holding a great white in captivity was 21 days. It was recently broken by the Monterey Bay Aquarium that held a 6 foot individual for about a year. It was in millions of gallons of water.

They also get in excess of 14ft.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
dbacksrat said:
can we cut the calling out and dissing?--you guys are ruining the casual atmosphere

for the record, there is a flashlight fish in finding nemo

Tre, i think it would be wise to take care of the space requirements for your current fish before considering anything else
i was talking about my next tank that im plannig on getting soon

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
what would you need to have a black tip?
is it like possible to have one if you get a big enough tank or do you need like a 200 gallon tank with state aquarium type water quality and care?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Minimum size for a blacktip is about a thousand gallons. When they reach adult size-about 6 feet youll want them in at least a few thousand gallons of water.