There is a hole in......

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
oh man those tubes are just for my stupid fluval, but umm, here is one what do you think about this one? and i could just okie rig it and cut plastic I dont mind(cut a little nouch or sum)

Seaclone Protein Skimmer from Aquarium Systems
Price range: $95.99 from 1 Seller

Average user reviews: Not Rated Write a Review

Description:The Turbo-Venturi injector system mixes water and air into a froth of micro-bubbles for maximum skimming efficiency and improved gas exchange. The vortex reaction chamber utilizes a tornado-like motion to draw organic wastes from the water.....

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
If you don't have cash...you can buy a Jebo one...like 36 $ us new ( on ebay ) with a 295 gph powerhead. It's a seaclone clone. I've seen it work, and it's ok. Not that i would recommand it, but it's better than nothing and the price is ridiculous. You say you are broke, so i don't see another skimmer cheaper.

Had a fish with red spot on his tale...no hole..it was during the first week i got it. He didn't ate so much and i read it could be because he needed vitamins..read too that it could be stress related.

Found a link...cheaper http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46313&item=4372230615&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
i agree I would cut the hood and get a good skimmer, ask any one on here who has a crappy one, most wish they had made a better investment to start with, venturi is better if you decide to go that road, read my protein skimmer sticky, it will explain alot of your questions

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
most of those skimmers posted previously are crap and, frankly, there isn't much point in spending $50 on a piece of crap when you can save for a month or two adn spend $150 on something which will be a good long term solution...it really would be in your best interest to modify your hood and slide the tank out a little and get a good HOB skimmer like this:

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_aquac_remora_pro.asp?CartId=

its 2.75" deep...so you would need to have 3" of space...its really thin and works really well...easy to clean, easy to setup, its the bomb diggity as the kids say these days

shop around online, usually you can save $100 or so on stuff like skimmers if you order via the internet

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
oh ya for shure, it just looks like it wont break. lol know that thing looks pretty skinny like widht wise, I wonder If I even need to pull my tank out? but I will still need power heads with that though, so should i just buy them know? and then pick up the skimmer? would the AquaC Remora fit here??

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
that means the tank has to come out away from the wall.(only like an inch and a half though) I will see were I am money whise. for know because I dont have a skimmer, I shouldent put foam back in my fluval should I(to catch waste) probly not but just asking...

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
fin rot is a bacterial infection so best thing you can do is improve water quality through doing several water changes (i would try 20% this AM, 20% more this PM, and another 20% tommorow in the AM and 20% more in the PM) and treat with antibiotics (should be available at the LFS). I think Mardel makes a SW Maracyn which probably will do the trick or else their tetracyclene tablets....BUT i do not know what effect either of these products would have on your LR or inverts as I have never used them so no research on my part has been done; if you have a large rubbermaid container you can use as a temporary QT tank I think that would be a really good idea unless you can find out from someone that its OK to treat the display with those medications