Update on cory fry

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
wow... that is such a SWEET looking fry!! WAY cooler than my guppy fry! hahaha.

How are you getting your cories to spawn? Are they just doing it naturally or are you breeding them on purpose?

I read that they spawn when there is a temperature change. For some reason they have been spawning almost every week now although the temperature remains the same. I'm not trying to breed them. I only have one male and one female and I've heard that you should have more males than females in order to make sure the eggs get fertilized. They seem happy together so I just leave them alone. The eggs haven't hatched yet so I'm assuming they will tomorrow. :)

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I was wondering what kind of camera it was too. I tried taking some pictures of my little malaysian trumpet snail and couldn't get a decent picture of him with 2 nice digital cameras and my film SLR. None of them wanted to focus on the little guy.

Are you using a macro lens or something special for that picture?

Nope, nothing special, I just use a Nikon Coolpix 4800. There isn’t even anything special about the feature I use to take the picture. It just focuses REALLY well. That’s how I got all the pics on my website too (like the flower ones from Germany and such.) (I took about 20 pics of him though, you have to be careful not to move the thing or it ruins everything, 1 out of 20 is ok I guess) :)