Finally 90 Gallon setup!! (Pics)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
nice....fatten him up with lots of algae and seaweed on a clip.......I find mine like the clip hanging in the tank as opposed to suctioned to the side.....

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i just got some seaweed for my powder brown and he wont touch it unless i tear it up and drop it in the tank, won't take it off the clip! that tang looks tiny! lol how much was it? in about 16hrs my tank was hair algae free and now he seems to like pellets mostly, when i feed mysis he doesn't eat any of it at all.. hopefully yours won't be such a picky eater!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Jim it took my tang forever to start eating from the clip. What you can do is wrap a piece around a small rock with a rubber band and place it where he can get at it...then gradually add the clip to the rock and then move it to the side......I hang my clip from my eggcrate with fishing line and both the tang and the foxface literally attack it.....the blenny has been seen attacking it too....all good. My pygmy angel on the other hand won't have anything to do with seaweed at all.....but gobbles up formula 2 so I am sure he is getting enough....

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
At first I though that I had made a mistake purchasing a skinny tang, but after 2 days he came out of the rocks and started nipping at mysis. It does not touch seaweed no matter how I put it. I tried on a clip, attached to a rock and even free floating but nothing. It only takes a little bit of mysis when I feed the clowns. The six line is eating mysis pretty well. I am although worried about the tang. Hope fully he will start eating seaweed. My tang is a very picky eater but tries to eat thats still a good sign. I got him for $25 I think its an ok deal. I even tried feeding it frozen formula 2 with garlic but he does not like it. Today I will buy formula 2 pellets and see if he will eat that. Any more suggestions?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
My tang loves the Spectrum pellets, that's pretty cheap around here those guys sell for 40+ even the small ones, its weird that when i put my seaweed out on the clip it will be there for hours, when i turn the lights off to go to bed i wake up and its gone! im wondering whos eating it! i don't have any crabs/snails that im aware of lol.. its not a little sheet that i put out either!

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
My tang loves the Spectrum pellets, that's pretty cheap around here those guys sell for 40+ even the small ones, its weird that when i put my seaweed out on the clip it will be there for hours, when i turn the lights off to go to bed i wake up and its gone! im wondering whos eating it! i don't have any crabs/snails that im aware of lol.. its not a little sheet that i put out either!
Mine does not like any dried food (pelets, flakes). I have the same issue I put seaweed before I go to sleep and when I wake up its all gone. Wonder who eats it all. At first I though that its all sucked into the sump but the sump is clean as ever. With the seaweed I add a cube of frozen formula 2 with garlic that also vanishes. My six line is a very good eater by the time I am finished feeding it has a nice little tummy. All my fish are very picky only like frozen foods.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
you have a sixline and a mandarin? that's kinda pushing it in the same tank as the both eat pods.. hope you can get that guy on prepaired foods soon so they won't be competing for food!

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
you have a sixline and a mandarin? that's kinda pushing it in the same tank as the both eat pods.. hope you can get that guy on prepaired foods soon so they won't be competing for food!
Yup I do! The sixline is hooked to mysis so I am guessing that their is no competition for food. I tried everything with the mandarin but he won't touch any prepared foods, By the time I finish feeding, my sixline has a little tummy. so I don't think its a problem.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
six lines will hunt and eat pods just for the fun of it and he will compete with the mandarin for the food......get a really really good population going in your sump as you will need it......and good luck, he looks like a winner

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
six lines will hunt and eat pods just for the fun of it and he will compete with the mandarin for the food......get a really really good population going in your sump as you will need it......and good luck, he looks like a winner
Thanks its good to know. I will keep an eye on the mandarin.

A little update.

None of the LFS have turbo snails for my cleanup crew. Today I got 2 emerald crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp, hammer coral and finally a small clam. Will post pics once I acclimate them.. The RO/DI system is awesome. Finally I don't have buy 10 gallon of water daily. The best investment for a reef tank. Thefilterguys.com are highly recommended.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
WOW! Look at that clam!! Freaking amazing tank Panther!!
Thanks Katie! I am trying my best.

YahooFishKeeper said:
WOW... just looked through your entire thread... marry me? but seriously, AMAZING tank.
Thanks for the compliment and for the offer. J/k, Here is one more pic of the clam in the tank. My camera is horrible, its just useless. The tank and clam look much better in person then how the camera makes it look.