new 75 gallon reef setup

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Zoas are good, the Eagle Eyes aren't though. To the point some of them just melted off the rock or something. I think there's 3 polyps left with 1 that's partially opened. The rest are fine though so I don't get it. The Bam Bams and Green Blues were closed up but I moved them to a shadier spot on the bottom of the tank and they are all opened up and looking good again. 75 gallon the diatoms are on the way out. Some left on the substrate but it's shrinking every day so I'm happy with that. I bought 2 14k MHs to replace my 10ks and they won't fire. Hoping they do and I don't have to mess with returning them.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
From the 75 gallon:

Frag of the pink/white paly's I got from Jim (have a frag of them in my 12 too):

The ever growing Pulsating Xenia. Started out a couple months ago as a single small stalk of about 8 heads. Now is 8 stalks and tons of heads. This is only 2 stalks. I'm about to see if I can trade some to an LFS or someone local:

Last edited:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
This tank is a 90 gallon not a 75. I just got around to actually measuring the tank. It was sold to me as custom 75. It just measured out to 55" long x 21" high x 18" deep calculates out to 90 gallons. ;)

Tank with a new blue background:

Last edited:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
The blue is actually darker then it looks in the picture. Liked it better then the black side. I decided to move my 12 gallon tank rock/coral/fish into the 90 gallon. One tank is enough to take care of. I may put egg crate in the Aquapod and use it as a frag tank.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Looks nice! I love the color of those zoas in the pic with that yellow fish.. They were never that bright in my tank i might not of parted with em lol! What fish do you have in there?

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Looks nice! I love the color of those zoas in the pic with that yellow fish.. They were never that bright in my tank i might not of parted with em lol! What fish do you have in there?
'
Those zoa really colored up they looked tie dyed for a long time where the bands of color were uneven and blended together. Now they've become more distinct looking with a pink mouth, dark purple ring, and turquoise outer area and skirt.

Damsel city hehe. I don't know why I just like damsels, reminds me of a salt water cichlid tank a bit.

1 blue damsel
1 fiji devil damsel
1 talbot damsel
1 3 stripe damsel
1 yellow clown goby
1 royal gramma
1 red headed fairy wrasse
2 false perc clowns

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
LFS today had a rescue clearance section I picked up a Hydnophora Rigida, good sized with some tissue receding from the base up a couple inches and then a few inches of healthy bright fluorescent green tissue to the tips. Seeing where they had it in the tank it's probably a light/flow issue causing the receding. Took a chance for $15, have it up near top of the tank with high flow under a halide.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I don't see any dead tissue on it just bright green tissue to bright white skeleton. I have it more to the middle of the tank so it's not right under the halides. Will be nice if it recovers and fills out. That is a cool looking coral.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
sorry to say this but this specimen may be too far gone for salvage.....I would seriously consider fragging off the healthy tips and hope that stops the rtn.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Came home today and found my purple green ric rock has fallen down to the substrate. Picked the rock up and the two biggest rics on it are gone. I'm assuming they detached themselves and moved but I sure can't find them now. There's no tissue left on the rock it does appear they just detached themselves. Still 3 small ones on the rock.