Id This Fish Please

Jun 7, 2008
india
I JUST GOT HER OR HIM TODAY
PLEASE ID HIS FISH
AND HOW TO FEED HER
SHE IS EATING DIATOMS RIGHT NOW FROM MY ROCKS
LESS THAN 2 INCHES IN LENGHT IT IS
DEALER TOLD ME ITS TOXIC FISH ...IS THAT RIGHT ?
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS FISH
PLEASE POST
ATTACHING SOME PICS OF THIS FISH
TAKEN JUST FEW MINUTES AFTER I PUT IT IN MY TANK
ALSO PUT A VIDEO
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGBtV728vk

Attachments

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It looks like a puffer of some kind, but I'm not sure which species. They're not reef safe. You should try feeding chopped meaty seafood like clams, mussels, shrimp or squid.

Be warned, you'll probably need to take this fish back, as most species get very large.

Jun 7, 2008
india
one more problem has occured as my tank ammonia has incresed to 5 mg/l from .2mg/l in 24 hours
why did that happened
will my fish last this havoc as i cant change the water becouse my tank just cycled few days back
what shoud i do
i added some live concentrated bacteria from biodigest today and week ago
will i see results
i have right now
1 blue damshel
1 yellow tail damshel
domino damshel
and a puffer
i have been feeding them raw eggs of brine shrimp+dried blood worms
is that the source of high ammonia
nitrate is zero right now
is my tank under the process of cycling
it has been 3 weeks since my tank setup
did i made some mistake by overcrowing
as my tank is just 30 gallon
please advice

Jun 7, 2008
india
i am keeping the temprature at max 32 degree to minumum 30 degree as some of my fishes are scracthing and some had white spots on them as in the starting
now they are good
but still scracthing sometimes
were should i keep the temprature to max my bacteria work as i want to lower my amonia ASAP
SHOULD I ADD MORE BACTERIA
or should i increse the amount of oxygen in water

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Your ammonia has gone up because you've added too many fish too fast. You'll need to either add something to detoxify the ammonia, or do a water change. A reading of 5ppm of ammonia willl kill the fish fairly fast, especially the puffer.

How much have you been feeding? I would stop using the brine shrimp eggs, as they're probably too small for the fish to eat. Try some chopped fresh or frozen seafood, or some frozen mysis shrimp.

Jun 7, 2008
india
Deffinaitly Gonna Cut Down On Food ...however How Long Can My Fishes Last 5mg/l Of Ammonia
Can They Last 5 Days Becouse My Ammonia Will Down For Sure Within Max 2to3 Days
I Am Crosing My Finger
Lets See What Happens

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Sounds like your fish have ick, not good.. Also i hope you made a typo when you said you keep your tank at 32 deg. ? Most people keep there tanks at 78-82.. The best thing to do is a quick water change.. It doesn't matter if the tank just cycled or not..

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Sounds like your fish have ick, not good.. Also i hope you made a typo when you said you keep your tank at 32 deg. ? Most people keep there tanks at 78-82.. The best thing to do is a quick water change.. It doesn't matter if the tank just cycled or not..
He's talking about Centigrade. Even then, the tank should be kept around 26 to 27 degrees Centigrade. High temperature won't kill ich in a saltwater tank. This is a good site for information on ich: Marine Ich

Jun 7, 2008
india
Yes Maybe My Is Infected With Ich Due To Many Reasons
However I Dont Have A Qt Tank
And Ich Wont Kill My Fish Sooner But Ammonia Will
I Dont Want To Change The Water Becouse I Have New Bacteria In And I Dont Want To Ruin Them
I Will Do A Water Change In Few Days
Ill Be Testing Again Tommrow
Hope To See Good Results
She Is Nipping On Rocks Preety Nicely
No Sysmtoms Of Major Stress Or Illnes Till Now
I Realy Dont Want To Lossse My Fish

Jun 29, 2008
PA
I think FishGeek has found the puffer although initailly I thought it was a dogface too!

If the tank has only been setup for 3 weeks, then I think you may have jumped the gun by putting those fish in.

puffers are notoriously messy fish (aka they poop a lot) so this is probably the cause of the increase in amonia. puffers are also VERY sensitive to water quality.

The largest issue I think is your fish have marine ich. that scratching is a classic marine ich symptom. just because the 'signs' are not there does not mean that the fish do not have it. I would suggest moving the fish to a quarantine tank and using the hyposalinity method.

Jun 29, 2008
PA
also that puffer (whehter dogface or star and stripes) will need a tank that is at least 5x the size of yoru current tank (150g)

therefore i might bring the puffer back unless you have/plan to install a tank that size.

Jun 7, 2008
india
Puffer Need To Live Before It Grows Big
I Will Take Her To Bigger Tank
But There Are Biger Problems On My Head Now
Ich
Amonia
As All My Fishes Have Ich Till Now Should I Do Hyposalinity To My Hole Tank
How Much Gravity Should I Lower To Achieve Best Way To Go Hypo
Amonia Will Come Down For Sure
But This Ich Is In My Tank

Jun 7, 2008
india
I Hope Hyposalinity Will Not Stress My Fishes More
I Will Prepare For It As Soon As Amonia Gets Little Down
Also Wanted To Ask You
Will Water Change Also Takes Away Good Bacteria From The Tank Or Bacteria Remain In Gravel Or Filter Or Rock
Where Do They Make There Colony So I Dont Disturb Them

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Just do a water change if you want to see your fish live at all! Bacteria will come on its own and you don't need to add any form of it to your tank.. You never addressed my question about your temp either.. Do a search on the net as to what you should lower your salt to as far as treating ich.. Hope your fish pull through but i wouldn't get my hopes up