My 90

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The tank is really looking great. Those Orchids, like everyone said are really nice, but so is everything else in the tank.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Thanks I just ordered some VHO actinics today I'm going to swap out the 50/50s I have had in there for 7 months now. Never really liked them they looked pink. I want my tank to glow blue now with the 20k halides I'm running. After that I'll post some new pictures. Things have definitely grown since the those last ones. I swapped out that aqua delight frag with the seller for a new one that is blue now. Someone near me just advertised they are cleaning out their frag tank today so I'm going to head over there and pick up some Armor of God palys, and some new SPS frags for cheap. Never seen anyone sell frags of AOG for $5. Small frags of them went for $25-$30 at the auction this past weekend.

Here's my new Aqua Delight frag:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
They are starting to open now. I picked up 6 frags of zoa. Some AOG, Horizons, some bright green with brown skirts, Blue Eyed Girls, Green Bay Packers, and 1 polyp of what he bought as blue steels. They look like the hybrid purple hornets though now (purple with the green circle but the skirt is banded instead of alternating colors). So I'm hoping this one turns into that too.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Here's a few of them:
Left Blue Eye Girls right Wild Orchids (Seems to be two versions the ones I posted previously I saw today but they are not what I have)

Armor of God and on the left hopefully what is going to turn into a Purple Hornet:

Horizons:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Well that's not going to be a purple hornet it's a Blue Steel aka Blue Hornet. They still look awesome I hope it takes off because I've been reading around the net that people have had them melting on them. I really like the Armor of Gods though probably my favorites in my tank right now. My actinics should be here in a few days tank will be more blue for sure but things should really pop and glow compared to the pinkish 50/50s in there. I never cared for those but since I bought them in January I wanted to get at least 6 months of use out of them.

Last edited:

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Looks really nice man! Looks like that grape cap is growing like mad!! as are all the other zoas you got from me! How did those blue and pink 1's do? I know you said they fell face down awhile ago and haven't heard anything about em?

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I replaced my 2 48" 50/50 VHOs with Actinics. Man it's pretty blue now but looks good! When just the actinics are on the tank glows, looks so much better then the pink light the 50/50s put out. I'm almost at 8 months for the 20k halides so I may be going to 14k now.
Pics later!

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
The 50/50 VHOs were replaced with 2 48" 110w actinics. The 20k halides with those make the tank a bit too blue now. Probably going to 14ks for the halides. Glad to be rid of the pink light of the 50/50s though! Here's just the actinics on last night:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Nice actinic shots!

I'll be at IMAC on Sunday. We'll see what they have. Because I'm not so much into the high-priced named corals these days, Sunday is better for bargain "pretty, unnamed corals" at reasonable prices. At least, that was my experience at the last show I went to.