My 90

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
that torch looks super bleached.. hope it colors back up for ya!
Yeah it is really bleached. My wife was like oh I like that color much better then ours. haha

My friend is setting up a 180 so I bought it for him he really likes my torch. It'll be in my tank for a couple months. I bought him that fuzzy mushroom and the 007s too. By the time he's ready I'll have some of those for myself hehe. I really like the way the 007s look. Very different from all the others in my tank.
There wasn't a lot of zoa up for auction maybe 15 out of the 135 corals that were auctioned off. Some of them went for a ton of money. Wild Orchids seem to be the big thing. I was offered 1 polyp for $25. Pass hehe. They do look cool hopefully I'll get one in a trade at some point.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Never heard of wild orchids? The 007's are nice I wouldn't mind a frag of those.. Cant wait till our swap next month.. When my lights come on ill post pics of the new frags i got yesterday

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Wild Orchids:

Here's some new pics. Nothing really new in it except some Whammin Watermelon zoas that I didn't realize I already had in the tank when I bought the frag of them:

The ones I bought:

The ones I had:

My tie dye zoa fell back into some xenia and half them melted. Grrr. So they are staying on the sand bed now.

maiden hair algae looks pretty until this happens. I've removed the bulk of it now. Stuff is a pain.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com

When I bought these at the auction a couple weeks ago they were lime green with yellow mouths. Now they are morphing and taking on a much color brighter green with a blue ring.

Here's the 1 head of galaxea I picked up a month ago. It said neon green but it stays this brownish color. There's a couple new heads poking out there so I guess it's happy.

My big coral banded out for a change

Pink Pocci fell into the sand and I didn't notice so half is bleached:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Thanks! Someone local to me is trading me a maroon clown hosted with 2 long tentacle anemones for that frag of whammin watermelons tomorrow. I kind of feel bad because I'm definitely getting the better end of the deal money wise but I can't convince them to take a more showy piece so whatever heh. Giving them a few stalks of anthelia and more xenia then they are going to want too because I need to get rid of it ;). I'm going to take the risk putting 1 anemone and the clown in the 40 and the other long tentacle in the 90 for my percs. I'm hesistant about the 40 because I haven't had it set up that long but it was a running system when I moved it and I put fully cured live rock in a few days after that. A clown and anemone would finish that tank off perfectly.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I'm out in St. Louis working for a couple weeks but I went to the FRAG meeting yesterday and it was a score for me. First I didn't get the tub's blues because the guy got in a car accident on the way to the meeting *thumbsdow

But I scored a 6 polyp frag of wild orchid palys that were $25 a polyp 2 months ago for $10. They need to be shaded and color up but they should look nice when I get home.

Freebies I got were two large frags of Anthelia, about 20 heads of candy canes, then someone walked by with a starter pack of zoa and mushrooms for somebody that didn't show and they didn't want to take it home and offered it to me. There was about 10 mushrooms in there of various types and a zoa frag.

Then to top it off there was a raffle. For signing up to attend you got a free ticket, then I bought 6 tickets for $10 which also put me into the grand prize. Out of the 6 I won once for 3 polyps of Red People Eaters which look great. Then I won the attendance one for a 1 day pass to IMAC West and I won the grand prize a 3 day pass to IMAC. Those passes are worth $180 so it looks like my wife and I will be heading to LA in August for IMAC. Can't wait to go as it's the trade show to go to for marine. Thousands of corals for sale, all the big vendors, tons of door prizes, etc.

Red People Eaters:

Wild Orchid Palys:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It sounds like you really got lucky!

Those wild orchids are beautiful.

I had no idea IMAC was going to be in LA in August. I'll have to look into going. I've been to a couple of trade shows and large frag swaps, and they're a lot of fun. I know there's a Coral Farmers Market coming up in September in Ontario, California.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
It sounds like you really got lucky!

Those wild orchids are beautiful.

I had no idea IMAC was going to be in LA in August. I'll have to look into going. I've been to a couple of trade shows and large frag swaps, and they're a lot of fun. I know there's a Coral Farmers Market coming up in September in Ontario, California.

IMAC is on the Queen Mary July 31st to August 2nd:

International Marine Aquarium Conference

Gives me an excuse to drive to LA too :)

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I bought my wife a new cheapo Canon digital camera the other day. It has an aquarium setting on it so I took a few to test it out. Takes pretty good pictures, ignore the smudges and algae spots on the glass heh.

Long yellow haired hippie polyps

big red mushroom with a couple babies

Zoas can be weeds too these white/pink mouthed palys started as a frag of about 7 about 6 months ago. There's hundreds now and they are in multiple parts of the tank.

New colony of same zoa on other side of tank.

Pretty but fast spreading weed too. Daisy polyps

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Been awhile since I've posted! Tank is still about the same. I have been traveling to St Louis a lot in the last couple months and really haven't done anything to the tank. Looks about the same as the last pics although there's a lot more coraline on the back of the tank now and a bunch of pulsating xenia decided to grow all over the back glass. Good place for it. I picked up a frag of Greg Hiller's Aqua Delight SPS a couple days ago at an auction. It's brown right now but I can't wait till it colors up and looks like this: