10 Gallon Tank Questions

SonofaGun

Small Fish
Jan 1, 2010
^There is, they're different species. Albino cories are Corydoras aeneus, so just albino versions of bronze cories. Peppereds are C. paleatus, but as far as care requirements go, they are the same.

If you can't find pygmies, you should take a look and see if the store carries Panda cories. They stay around 1.5" inch where as the guys above will get 2-2.5".

SonofaGun

Small Fish
Jan 1, 2010
I honestly couldn't say, we don't have a Petco around here so I'm not sure what their selection is like. You could always ask and see if they are able to special order them in for you, however I've found the smaller, specialized LFS's around here to be more accomodating of special orders than the chains IME.

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
no petco wont have pygmies generally they have the more basic stock

to my knowledge they dont special order either although someone on the forum works there ( cant remember who) they would be able to give you better advice as to what they will and wont do for customers

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Parents put everything on hold for a while so not exactly sure when I will get the aquarium. The sooner the better!

I now have a place to keep my MiniBow as well as my 10 gallon so any other stocking ideas? I like the ideas that I had but it seems like I need like a main, bigger fish as well or something.

Any 10 gallon stocking ideas (that I could get at Petsmart) would be awesome! Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
I bet you can't wait till you get it,

I can't really give any ideas about what to stock as i'm not sure as to what stores in the US will have..

However you can't be unhappy with cardinal's can you? I love em, and some neon rainbowfish are awesome too. nice colour..

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Yeah I cannot wait...

I was starting to think maybe a snail and several tetras and maybe something else. I think I'll just have to go to my LFS and see what they carry.

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
I checked Petsmart and they have peppered and albino cories and a multitude of different types of tetras. I'm thinking 5 corys. and 6 tetras and a snail.